Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

No Clomid Meltdown...

Well, it is officially my last day of the clomid....CD 9. I think I can safely say that I am not going to have a clomid meltdown like last month. I have one last dose to take, but I don't feel like any meltdowns are coming, so I think I am out of the woods. This cycle was a little easier then the last, I didn't have the headache everyday (only 1 the morning after I took my first dose,) I wasn't real emotional, I was still more tired then usual. But, I am thankful the end of the clomid cycle was on a weekend, so that I could get more sleep. That really seemed to help.

This coming Thursday, October 8th I will have my blood work and ultrasound to determine if we are ready for the hCG trigger shot, and IUI 36 hours later. I'm both excited and nervous for Thursday. I'm praying that I have enough follicles, that they are big enough and that my lining has thickened up. I have been having some pain in my left ovary. I think I have a reoccurring cyst there. I've had pain there on and off for about a year. I'm hoping that that doesn't mean my cycle will be canceled. I think if I have some large follicles on the right ovary, we'll be able to follow through with the cycle. But, I am not sure.

If this cycle doesn't take, I am leaning more towards taking the month of November off. I'd like to start on the injections, but want to make sure my body is ready....which means having a "normal" cycle with no meds, and hopefully getting rid of any cysts. A break may do hubby and I some good...the last few months have been difficult with all the ups and downs....a break may be just what we need.

We are pretty sure now that we are going to stick with the insurance we have for next year, and continue to try IUI's a few more times. At least for December and January. After that, we will consider IVF, but we realize now that Colorado health insurance companies do not cover any part of IVF, so there would be no purpose in switching insurance. Regardless, we are going to have to pay out of pocket for IVF if we have to go down that road.

I am hoping one of these cycles will work, so that we don't have to go to IVF, but I am prepared if we have to. I don't really have a great feeling about this month, because of the cyst I am pretty sure I have, and also because we've tried this exact same thing two other times, with no luck. I know there is always a small chance this will be our magical month, but I'm not sure that small chance is even big enough for me to hang any hope on.

No comments: