Well, the cycle this month didn't go exactly how we'd hoped. For some reason, I just didn't have a very good feeling about this cycle from the very beginning.
As I said on Thursday, we were supposed to go in for our IUI on Sunday (tomorrow) morning. Well, the RE's office called this morning at 7:20am to tell us that they just got my lab results from yesterday, and even though I am not having an LH surge, my progesterone levels have gone up considerably. So, the RE wanted to do the IUI TODAY! Which would have meant we would have had to produce the sperm right then and there, and be downtown at the lab by 8:30am. Hubby and I talked and decided not to do the IUI this month. For one reason....it's snowing and who knows how long it would have taken us to get downtown. Second, I'm just not comfortable with this cycle. My lining is way too thin, and I just haven't felt good about it from the get go. So, after much deliberation, we've decided not to do the IUI this month. It is not an easy decision for us, but this is what my intuition is telling me, and I always trust my intuition. If things aren't lining up, there is no reason to put ourselves through the emotional, physical and financial burdens of IUI. We are going to try the "old fashioned way," but I never put much hope in that since we've tried so many times before.
So, now we have our sights set on next month, which I think will be much better for us. I will start a different medication, Letrozole, so my lining should look much better since I will not be taking the clomid, so I think our chances of conceiving will be much better next month.
Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts this month. Wish I would have some good news......

No comments:
Post a Comment