Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

2 Large Cysts

Well, just got back from my ultrasound appointment to check the pain in the left pelvic area…..not the best news I've ever had. Turns out that I have a 2 large cysts on my left ovary!! For the past TWO months I've had this pain, and I've been telling the RE that I think I have a cyst, and all this time….he is telling me that I don't have any cysts??? WTF!!!???

I called the RE's office as soon as I left my appointment to tell him the news. I spoke to the nurse and she could tell that I was very upset that the cysts weren't found by the RE. She made up some excuse like maybe the cysts are from this last time I ovulated, so I didn't have them when they did my last ultrasound right before my last ovulation. I said "but, I've had this horrid pain for almost 2 months! Not 2 weeks!" She then tells me that maybe the pain I've had for 2 months is not associated with the pain I am currently having with these cysts. Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh right!! The pain I've been having for 2 months IS from the same cysts that I have now, the same pain then and now! I wasn't going to argue with her, but I am not happy.

I have a phone appointment with the RE on Monday morning. I am 99.9% positive that we'll have to take next month off from treatment to try and shrink this cysts. Whatever….. I'd rather not keep going through the heartache, and the emotional, physical and financial burdens of treatment when I have huge cysts on my ovary!! Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the RE mistook two large cysts on my left ovary for two large "follicles." Awesome! So, we were trying to fertilize cysts this month! Super! Thank goodness we didn't go through with the IUI this month, or I'd be even more pissed! That is the only small blessing….that and the fact that I think the cysts of begun to shrink. I am not in nearly as much pain as I was when I was ovulating a few weeks ago.

As I've been saying, AF is expected on Monday, but I should start spotting and cramping pretty bad on Sunday. I am almost positive that I am not pregnant now, as I don't think there were any follicles to fertilize…just a bunch of cysts! Plus, I am starting to feel "PMSy."

On a different note, I called the other two insurance companies that are offered through hubby's work, and neither of them cover IVF....surprise surprise. So, we are going to stick with the insurance we have, try a few more cycles of medicated IUI's (we still want to try letrozole, and also the injectable menopur,) then start looking into IVF. I've already decided on the RE I want to go for IVF. He is probably the most expensive in the state, but hell....if I'm going to go through IVF, I'm going to the best!!!

What a day…..

No comments: