Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 17, 2009

H1N1

Yep....you read that correctly. I officially caught....and kicked the H1N1 virus. I went to bed early on Wednesday night because I started feeling very tired. I woke up in the middle of the night with a lot of nausea, and just all over "not feeling good." When I woke up the next morning, the nausea was gone, so I just figured that I ate something the night before that my tummy did not agree with. I slept in a bit, since I did not sleep real well through the night. I got up, took a shower, and started getting ready for work. I got about half way done with my hair, and I could barely keep my eyes open or lift my arms. I immediately went and crawled back in bed....with my robe on and everything. Through the day I started to feel worse and worse. I got SO achy, I got a high fever, was really really tired, and felt like I had cob webs in my head.

That day was definitely the worse, I didn't get out of bed all day! I pretty much slept through the entire day. It basically felt like I had been run over by a truck! I woke up Friday morning still not feeling well, but not nearly as achy and my fever had gone down. I laid on the couch watching TV for most of the day.

Today is Saturday, and though my fever is gone, and the aches are mostly gone, I still have a nasty cough and still feel "run down." The flu is pretty mild in that it only lasts about 48 hours, the first day you have it, it feels like you've been run over by something! So, if you get the flu....don't panic, just rest, drink lots of fluids, and know that it doesn't last too long!

No comments: