Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

CD 25- False Positive?

I can't believe that it is CD 25 already. 8 days since ovulation. This cycle has gone by both fast and slow. The first week went by so fast, I blinked and it was gone. Now, I am into the dreaded second week....augh!!!

Well, I had a doctor appointment this morning. It was not related to infertility or the flu that I've had the last week. I am still having that pain in my left pelvic area that I've been talking about, that I thought was a cyst, but wasn't. I started to get a bit concerned since I've had it for 6 weeks, so made an appointment, just to be on the safe side.

The doctor did an exam and thinks that I might have a strained abdominal muscle. Because of the location of the pain, there is really only muscle in that area. But, she wants me to get an ultrasound of the area to make sure nothing weird is going on. I also had some blood work done and a urinalysis, both came back fine, no infections or UTIs. Here's the funny part....she also ran a blood pregnancy test. Now, I kinda thought this might happen since they always seem to run that test when you are having abdominal problems and you are in child-bearing age. Well, the test came back positive!!

Now, before you get too excited, the test checks your hCG levels. My hCG levels are probably still a little high from the hCG trigger shot I had 11 days ago. Usually, the shot only stays in your system for 10 days. But, my "positive pregnancy test" was so low that it is possible that the test is just picking up small traces of the hCG trigger shot. Anything above a 5 is considered "pregnant" and mind was an 8...so not far above the cut-off point. So, though I wanted to be excited....there wasn't really a need to be. If AF is not here by Monday, I have been instructed to re-test.

AF is expected in 5 days now it seems. Not having many PMS symptoms like I usually do around this time. But, that might be because of the flu symptoms I've had lately....maybe they are just masking the AF symptoms. I was feeling a little crampy yesterday, but nothing like the usual crabbiness, cramps, and "menstrual" feeling I usually have by CD 25. In fact, now that I think about it....I usually get pretty menstrual by CD 22. Of course, I am not getting my hopes up. There was so much stacked against us this month.

I'll update again as the AF visit is closer.....

No comments: