Every single month, I can't help but feel hopeful that "this" may be our month. Like every other month, I am feeling that way again. Though this time...maybe a bit stronger. I had a lot of hope the first 6 months that we were TTC. Each month I'd think "this is it!" Well, that wore off pretty quickly, and after about 6 months, I started to feel very discouraged.
When we started seeing the RE, had testing done (all good news,) started up clomid, started monitoring my cycle with a sophisticated monitor, I started getting that hope back. After a few months, of no luck on the clomid....I lost hope again. I did have a little hope the first after the first IUI we had last summer. But again, that was quickly thrown out the window.
I've been VERY discouraged with this whole process for about the last 4 months or so. I found out that though the clomid was giving me some follicles, my lining was extremely thin. Then I found out that I had 2 large cysts on my left ovary for at least 2 cycles. Then, I tried a new fertility drug, with absolutely no luck.
After 4 busted cycles, this was the first cycle that "things" finally looked good and fell into place. I got about 5 or 6 mature follicles at my last ultrasound (with one being the dominant one at 22 mms!,) my lining finally looked good (9mms! WOW!) It really seemed like things were falling into place. FINALLY!!
I had my hCG trigger shot last Wednesday night at 9pm. It was probably the most difficult out of all of the ones I had. It made me nauseous for the night on Wednesday and then most of the day on Thursday.
On Friday morning, we had our IUI scheduled for Friday morning at 10am. We had to be at the lab at 9am with specimen in hand. This is when the trouble began...
My husband informed me that he was having "difficulty" getting the specimen. The poor guy had worked himself up so much, and was so stressed out about having to perform that he couldn't do it. We tried for about 20 minutes with no luck. I finally called the RE's office to let them know what was going on, they told me that we could come in an hour later, if that would help. We decided to try again. Hubby went for a 20 minute walk to try and de-stress and clear his head. I was totally and completely freaked out. I couldn't believe that we couldn't follow through with the procedure, after the stars aligned like they did. He came back a half hour later to try again.
THANK THE LORD that he was finally able to produce a specimen!! We rushed to the car, drove into downtown and got the specimen to the lab. We waited nearly 90 minutes for the specimen to be ready and headed up to the RE's office.
Unfortunately, we had more issues after that. The RE couldn't get the catheter fed through my cervix to deliver the sperm. He kept trying and trying and I was in so much pain. Not only was I having severe ovary pain from the ovulation that was happening, I was cramping terribly AND the catheter being forced into me was not helping matters. He tried and tried, poking at my cervix.
FINALLY....it went in! At this point, I was in immense amounts of pain, but truthfully....I didn't care. I was just glad it was over!
We found out that hubby's sperm count had doubled from the last time we had an IUI (another blessing) Are the stars REALLY lined up for us this time?! I can't help but be hopeful.
I had a lot of cramping and some spotting on Friday, and yesterday and today a little more cramping, but the no more spotting.
Now, we are in the dreaded 2WW. This one is going to be worse then the others, I know because I have so much more hope, and I will be so much more disappointed if we do not conceive this time.
If you are reading this, more then I've ever needed it before....I need prayer!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment