Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy Life...but things are looking good!

Life has really picked up for me in the last few weeks (not that it ever really slows down.) I accepted a promotion at work, which means I will be completely changing directions and moving to a different section within my department. I am working my last few days in my current position and will be moving to my new position on Monday.

On top of that, my grandmother passed away on Sunday. I will not be attending the funeral because it happens to be falling on the day that I am scheduled for my next IUI. Unfortunately, I would not be able to fly out in time to make it to the service. I considered skipping this month, but I just can’t do it. We are already $300+ in for the month due to the drugs, ultrasound and blood work. Plus, this is the first cycle since summer that “things” have looked good enough to move forward with the IUI. I just can’t stomach skipping this month to attend the funeral.

We had our ultrasound appointment with the RE 2 days ago. I am thrilled with the way things are looking. We went in on CD 12 and my lining was already up to 6mm! Plus, it looks like I have at least 5 mature follicles! This is the best that “things” have ever looked! I had blood work done and my estrogen was a bit on the low side, so my RE asked that I come back on Wednesday (tomorrow) for a 2nd blood test and ultrasound. If my estrogen has gone up, and my lining and follicles have continued to grow, we will have our hCG shot Wednesday night and our IUI will take place Friday morning (as I mentioned before.)

I am crossing my fingers that everything looks good when we go in tomorrow. I do feel very good about this cycle, but as always….I am trying not to get my hopes up. Please send up a prayer for us that my lining still looks good, my follicles are mature and all other things that need to fall into place…..do.

I’ll update again after my appointment tomorrow!

No comments: