THANKS to those of you who gave my blog an award last week! I haven't gotten an award since I went private so it was nice to be recognized! You guys rock! Thanks so much!!!
Compared to last week...things have been pretty uneventful for us this week. Over the weekend, Matt and I ordered basically everything else we think we'll need for the boys. We placed a huge order with Amazon.....most of which has already arrived, so that is keeping me busy! We also ordered our stroller, car seats, bookcase for the nursery, all art work for the nursery and another diaper bag that is bigger than the one I already got. Most of it has already been delivered and our front room is full of boxes! I think at this point the only things we haven't ordered are diapers, formula to supplement breast milk and the monitor! It feels good to have everything chosen and most of it ordered! I also went to Babies R Us this week to make a few exchanges on duplicates from my shower and use my gift cards... I got a bunch of newborn and 9-12 month fleece sleepers...they are on sale for $10 right now and I thought we'd need more of the fleece ones since it gets cold in Colorado in the winter time! I also got a few more things that I didn't get for my shower.
We had our breast feeding multiples class last night, we thought it was just okay. It was fun to meet other "multiple parents" in the area...I was surprised at how many were having two boys! The class was 3 hours and Matt and I both felt like it could be condensed to half of that time. Also, we both thought it was going to be more centered around breast feeding 2 babies, but it was actually mostly just about breast feeding. The instructor actually advocated only breast feeding one baby at a time (to give each baby their individual time with Mommy.) This surprised me because I thought you wanted to keep twins on the same feeding schedule so that you can actually get some sleep! But, the class was still useful and Matt and I still learned quite a bit...mostly that I am going to have to do a lot of pumping so that he can feed one baby while I breast feed the other, because we do plan to keep them on the same feeding schedule! This should be very interesting.....if any of you twin Mommies have advice on that don't hesitate to speak up! I'm open to hearing what has/is working for you!!
How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Size of Baby: 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds each, and the size of a Chinese cabbage.
Picture of Baby: None this week...probably won't have more until my next peri appointment at the beginning of January.
Maternity Clothes: Oh yes...today even packed away some of the stuff I bought in the beginning that no longer fit!
Weight Gain: Up two more pounds, total gain 43 pounds (starting weight 105, weighed 148 today.)
Belly:
Stretch Marks: None yet! Still using cocoa butter every day.
Sleep: Sleep is just okay these days, still waking up several times to use the bathroom, blow my nose, drink some water, eat snack, etc. But getting a solid few hours of sleep at a time now. Still trying not to worry that I am squishing them when I sleep too far over on my side.
Best Moment of the Week: I love feeling the boys' movements!
Movement: Yes! Even the hard kicks make me happy, even though sometimes I yelp "ouch!" I still love it...kick away boys!! Active babies are healthy babies!
Symptoms: Constant stuffed up nose. Slight swelling in feet and hands (no more wedding ring!) SNORING and strange breathing when I am asleep. Getting a bit achy here and there....mostly in my back, feet and knees....so much extra weight that they aren't used to!
Food Cravings: Still want to eat EVERYTHING! I've especially been craving protein this week.....made stew in the crock pot and have been craving beef and chicken....something I usually have no interest in! Still loving my peppermint ice cream and craving sugar more than I usually do. Also...citrus fruit, especially grapefruit!
Gender: Two gorgeous boys!
What I Miss: Not getting out of breath just walking up the stairs! I miss drinking a coke here and there...sometimes I take a sip of Matt's coke...yum! Sleeping through the night and sleeping on my stomach. Being able to pick things up that I drop and put on my own shoes and socks. Being able to carry heavy things and just do things we all usually take for granted like being able to clip our own toenails and shave our "lady parts." Getting in and out of bed, off the couch and out of the car easily.
What I'm Looking Finishing the nursery once and for all. Appointment with OB next week (she usually does a quick ultrasound, but I am not looking forward to my GD test!) All of my classes in January. Meeting my boys in 8-10 weeks!
Nursery: So close to being done....Matt needs to put the book case up this weekend then it's just decor! Hopefully I'll have pics to share by the end of the year!
Weekly Wisdom: Can't say this enough....rest when you are tired or achy...don't over-do it!
Milestones: Third trimester baby!!
Emotions: Excited and sooooooo blessed.


6 comments:
Yea for the 3rd trimester! Almost there! :)
My mom had twins when I was 7... I know she breastfed both at the same time and alternated the side for for each feeding (one would be on the right for one feeding and the left for the next feeding). So it can be done! :)
Happy Third trimester!! So exciting! Glad things are going well!
Yay third trimester! We did our bfeeding multiples class and she said both at the same time was a great idea once you've established who eats how. So in the beginning she was saying do one right after the other to see who can handle a forceful let down, who takes forever to eat, etcetera. Then once you know their eating personalities feed them together for your sanity and sleep preservation (then they taught us the holds)She said initially you may need some one to help you latch the second baby once you have the first on. But they will soon become pros at it and you can tandem feed on your own. Hope that helps! She also said make sure you swap them from breast to breast one feeding to the next. i forgot the reason...something about equal access to hind milk and let down based on who is the better feeder.
I breast fed my twins for 8 months. I did formula supplement but not right away. and i did tandem feed, and it was easy once i got the hang of it. LOTS of pillows....LOTS
Congrats on the 3 rd trimester!!!!!!
It seems from the twins blogs I read they all feed at the same time?
You look great!
And can't wait to se the nursery!
So amazing how far you have come in 2011. Your life is full of so much excitement and joy, and it's great to see the journey, knowing how hard it was for you in the dark days. Look at that belly!!
Sorry, had a little giggle about the artwork for the nursery. When I had my son we called his room, a 'room' and all he got in terms of decorations was a Winnie the Pooh mat on the floor. I have zero talent in design and style of rooms! But don't be fooled that all the baby stuff is in the nursery. They take over the whole house!!! Ha ha..
Take care & have a safe and happy Xmas!
Post a Comment