It has definitely been an eventful week in our household! My Mom flew into Denver on Friday morning. Matt took the day off so we went to breakfast and a movie together before heading out to pick my Mom up. My shower was on Sunday! Unfortunately, the weekend was verrrrrrry cooooooold and snowy, so a lot of people that were supposed to be there didn't make it (due to weather, being sick and friend #1 was in the hospital with contractions (but did not deliver that day.) Friend #2 WAS there...for those that know the story.) I was a bit bummed out that not everyone could make it, but I was just glad that those who could make it out, did. It was still a really nice shower. Brynn did a great job with everything....especially the food...yum!!! Those who couldn't make it have been dropping gifts by all week, so that has been fun. We are still receiving a lot of gifts from out of town friends and family too, each day there is something delivered to my front porch so it definitely feels like a very extended shower! I noticed one of my registries has hardly anything left, so we are definitely getting what we need for these boys!
One thing that has been funny to me is seeing my face and entire body in the pictures that were taken at my shower! I don't know what I expected with having putting on 40+ pounds already...it certainly isn't all baby! But, I guess I didn't realize how round my face has gotten! My mom even said she didn't recognize me when I picked her up at the airport! I was confused by that, but once I saw myself in pictures....I was like "whoa!!!" I still have about 9-11 weeks to go too! My body sure knows how to pack on the pounds when it is supposed to...ha!!! Here is a pic of Matt and I from the shower...I usually look so much smaller than him, but boy...I almost look like I weigh more than him!
We saw the perinatologist yesterday. As always...it was wonderful and uneventful (just the way I like it!) The heart beats were at 152 and 153 and they are just over 2 pounds each now. Both continue to measure perfectly...even a few days ahead! Yay boys!! My cervix was even longer than my appointment a month ago (yay cervix!) I am feeling sooooooooooo blessed right now that everything has been so uneventful (knock on wood! HA!)
How Far Along: 27 Weeks
Size of Baby: Just over 2 pounds each....still about eggplant size.
Picture of Baby: Not that great, but here are a few from our appointment (baby A wouldn't cooperate for a good side view:)
Maternity Clothes: This is almost a funny question nowadays!
Weight Gain: 41 pounds (starting weight 105, weighed in at 146 at my appointment yesterday (yeah...that's 4 pounds in one week!)
Belly:
Stretch Marks: None yet! Still using cocoa butter every day.
Sleep: Sleep is mostly good these days, but still waking up several times to use the bathroom, blow my nose, drink some water, eat snack, etc. And, still getting achy back and legs and having to change positions frequently. But getting a solid few hours of sleep at a time now. Oh, and I've started snoring SO LOUD!! I've never snored in my life, but I am snoring now so loud that I wake myself up!! I can't believe how loud it is. Matt has started sleeping with earplugs! I keep telling him...at least I am finally sleeping!!
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing my boys of course!!!
Movement: All the time! So much so that I hardly even stop to notice anymore! My stomach is always jumping up and down and is easy to see through my clothes. One of the boys has been loving my ribs lately too! He had one of his legs stuck up in my ribs for a good 15 minutes the other day...ouchy!
Symptoms: Constant stuffed up nose, occasional backache and heartburn. Slight swelling in feet and hands (no more wedding ring!) SNORING!!!!
Food Cravings: I want to eat EVERYTHING! But, things that come to mind....Subway, jalapeno poppers, peppermint ice cream, hot pretzels with mustard and lemonade.
Gender: Two gorgeous boys!
What I Miss: Sleeping through the night and sleeping on my stomach. Being able to pick things up that I drop and put on my own shoes and socks. Being able to carry heavy things and just do things we all usually take for granted like being able to clip our own toenails and shave our "lady parts." Getting in and out of bed, off the couch and out of the car easily.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Breastfeeding multiples class next week. Finishing the nursery. Meeting my boys in just about 9-11 weeks!
Nursery: The glider was delivered over the weekend and Matt assembled it...it looks great! I need to order the bookcase (probably next week,) and the art work and we are done!!!
Weekly Wisdom: Can't say this enough....rest when you are tired!
Milestones: Everyday.
Emotions: Excited and sooooooo blessed.




9 comments:
I love your maternity dress!! A fat head seems to accompany every pregnancy, even for a singleton. No one seems to tell you these things. So don't think it's just yours. It's fluid, and will disappear when the bubs are out.
Sounds like you are really enjoying this time and I'm glad you get to share it with the rest of us!
You look beautiful! Oh and I already weigh more than my husband and Im just 20 weeks...with one baby!!! haha
You look lovely, especially in that dress. I'm so glad I'm not alone with the swollen face thing. I was looking in the mirror today and said to myself that I sure looked old. I guess it's mostly that I look fat in the face, and I'm not used to that.
Keep in mind that you started out a tiny woman! Some of us started at the weight you are now (and are probably shorter!!)
Out of all the blogs I follow...I look forward to these posts the most. Silent tears fall every week.
I'm just SO happy for you.
You look great! Glad you enjoyed your shower...it sounds lovely. I can't believe you only have 9-11 weeks to go! So exciting!
You look great! Glad you enjoyed your shower...it sounds lovely. I can't believe you only have 9-11 weeks to go! So exciting!
Such a fun post! My goodness!!! 9-11 weeks!!! That will be here in no time!!! I'm so glad your showers went well! :)
I nominated you for a blog award on my blog today...don't feel obligated to pass it on...just know you are appreciated! :)
Stopping back to let you know that I nominated you for an award! :)
Post a Comment