Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

4 weeks 3 days PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have kept you all in suspense long enough, so I won't keep you in suspense any longer.

Our first beta on 9dp5dt                     =     618
Our second beta on 12dp5dt (today)  =    2566

Our story:

So on Friday late in the afternoon I started brown spotting again....I told Matt that I was just ready to put this whole awful mess behind me and stop the progesterone so that my period could start. I told him that I planned to call the clinic in the morning to tell them that my period is starting and I was ready to stop the progesterone. Matt was okay with that but he did say that he'd like to at least take a HPT just to "make sure." I thought about that for an hour or so and finally decided that I'd be okay taking a test. Mostly, I was just taking it to prove that I was not pregnant so that I could tell the nurse "my period is starting AND I've taken tests that are negative!"

So, off we went to the dollar store to buy a few tests late Friday night. We got home and Matt read the directions...he said that once I take it, leave the bathroom and then in 3 minutes we'll walk in together to read the test. So, I completed the test and walked out of the bathroom. I didn't even last one minute and I walked back in to look a the test, and this is what I saw:


I screamed something along the lines of "OH MY GOD!!!" And ran out of the bathroom. Matt ran in there, looked, and came back out with the craziest look on his face...it was priceless!!! By that point I was shaking and crying uncontrollably. Matt hugged me and I just remember hugging him and saying over and over again "we aren't pregnant, that's not positive, there's no way that is positive, we don't get pregnant." Over and over again for about a half hour....while he said over and over again "that test couldn't be more positive." I finally calmed down and we sat on the couch together until we went to bed.

I didn't sleep hardly at all on Friday night.....partly because I had napped on Friday afternoon, partly because I just couldn't believe that we might actually be pregnant. I laid there for hours.....I think I was just so in shock about the whole thing!

I laid around for most of the day on Saturday because I was still brown spotting and having some slight cramping. It was a looooooong day! I tried not to do too much Googling but it was hard not to!!! We decided not to take either of the 2 tests we bought and just take comfort in the fact that we had a positive! Matt and I actually went to a local bar on Saturday night and sat outside on the patio and had dinner....it was a gorgeous evening and I think....just what we needed!!!

I slept slightly better on Saturday night but did wake up in the middle of the night with some cramping. I took a few tylenol and fell back asleep. We got up early this morning and drove to the far away south clinic for our test. I was sooooooooooooooo anxious on the way down, but on the way home....I was super calm and positive, I just KNEW we were going to get good news.

Not long after we got home.....my favorite nurse, Claudia called. She told me to sit down because she had MAJOR news for me....she said "you are definitely pregnant, Krista.... and you are very very very pregnant!!!" She said that they are astonished by how high my numbers are and are pretty sure we have multiples in there! I was of course crying again at this point and Matt was jumping up and down, and then came over to rub my back while I finished talking to Claudia. After I got off the phone, Matt and I just hugged and told each other that we were going to be parents!!!!

I have so much more I want to say right now, but I will leave this at that for now....I'm still trying to work so much of this out in my head and trying to let it all sink in. I have so many thank yous to give, and so many thoughts I need to get out, which I'm sure will come in the next coming weeks and months. We have no more beta tests...but I will go in for weekly progesterone and estrogen tests, and our first ultrasound is on the 21st...we'll know then how many babies (please just 2!!! Hehehehee!!!)

51 comments:

Jos said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I literally yelled out loud when I saw your blog post title!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!! I am SO SO SO SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!1

Heather said...

congrats!!! So excited for you!!

laurieb145 said...

This is amazing Krista!!! Congratulations to you and Matt!! What awesome numbers too!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I am beyond happy for you! I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound and find out how many babies you have growing inside of you! :) Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Jessica Anne said...

Congrats!! Sounds like you have a LOT of babies in there! LOL My guess would be 3! =) My beta with the twins was only 316 at 11dp5dt!! Holy smokes Mama! You are so preggo!

Cori said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh! I am with Josey! I literally screamed out loud when I read the title! I am sooooooooooo happy for you! And Geeze those betas of yours are crazy girl! I'm thinking you may have 3 in there! So happy for you and can't wait to hear more!

E and R said...

YAY!!!! I was so excited to see the title of your post it gave me goosebumps!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Stacie said...

Yay! Such wonderful news! Congratulations!!!!

Angie said...

So happy for you. Wishing you all the best.

bdelee said...

Congratulations Krista!!! This is such fantastic news, and I'm SOOO excited & happy for you! Woo hoo! :)

Lori B. said...

Oh my gosh!!! Words cannot express how happy I am for you!!!!!!! This is amazing news! Personally, my guess is that there are 3 in there since my beta at 9dp5dt was 208 and you blew that out of the water. Enjoy every second of this pregnancy girl, you deserve it!! Congrats!

Gurlee said...

Great news! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! I am SO stoked for you right now! CONGRATS to you guys! That beta says multiples for sure!YES! YES! YES!

A. said...

Amazing news!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound:)

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Krista, I am so very, very, very happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

clewis said...

Oh Yah!!!! I was so so pleased to see this!!!! As you know I have been following you and was waiting waiting to hear your news. I was going to say your numbers are high, Wonder how many are in there!!! You must be feeling so amazing, its surely a great feeling isn't it!!! yah yah yah! cant wait to hear more

tsauber said...

One huge WOO-HOO roaring from the mountain tops! So, so, so happy for you and Matt! Best news to get today! ;)

Rosachka said...

Krista, OMG, I am so so happy for you!!!! A huge CONGRATULATIONS!!! After everything you've been through, you so deserve it!!!

This was the best news today. I have been feeling so down about my cycle but reading your post it really gave me some hope that FET actually work and it might, just might work for us too. Thanks.

Enjoy the feeling of being pregnant. Hoping for a happy and peaceful pregnancy for you!!! Will be waiting for the news from your u/s.

Wishful In New Orleans said...

Congrats! What great news!

B- said...

Yay!!!!! What do u guys think about triplets!!!! Congrats! So exciting!

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic news... congratulations :)) I'm so happy for you & looking forward to hearing all your good news & seeing your pictures :) What a wonderful time for you both :) Love always xoxo

Mrs. Lemon said...

Waaaaahhhhhoooooooo! I knew it! Congratulations!

momof3miracles said...

I knew it!!! Your feeling of it "not working" and that your period was starting was EXACTLY how I felt right down to the brown spotting....as you know I was pregnant with twins....the 21st was a GREAT DAY to get pregnant.....grow babies ..... grow....

Chon said...

Oh Krista that is amazing!!!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats Krista! I just knew this cycle was going to work! I can't wait to hear your u/s results in a few weeks. I have to believe there's more than one! Yaaaayyyy!!!

justagirl-Krista said...

YAY! I am so happy for you both!

RMCarter said...

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling this was the one!!!! So happy for you, there are no words. :)

K. said...

best news ever!! I remember it so well and am so glad you finally got your positive!! here is to a happy and HEALTHY 9 months!!

Annie said...

So happy it's FINALLY happening for you!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I dont think I would have cried any harder if those were my own results. Congrats my friend. I am so happy for you.

Jen said...

Krista, my heart is filled with joy for you!! I had such a great feeling for you this cycle!! Can't wait to hear the results of your US!!!

Anonymous said...

Get Out! After I read your email I nearly fell off my chair there Octomum! Bloody hell!! Now be prepared to be amazed by my long awaited (Oprah voice) Viccccc-toooooorrryyyyy Dance:

1,2,3 kick it, flutter flutter snap kick, shimmy starjump, shimmy starjump, deal the cards, wiggle bum 2,3,4, sprinkler, and shopping trolley, clap clap splits, running man, leap, dip, do the grapevine, side side, tap dance, jump, everybody's shuffling, moon walk, the worm, running man, robot, wizard of oz side kick and backflip!!!!! Taaa-Daaaa!

Massive congrats on your breeding fest! It's absolute you beaut news!
Lots and lots of hugs xoxo mwaahhhhh!

Nikki said...

Congratulations Krista!!!! Be sure to rest and drink lots of water!!!! Your betas are fantastic - I look forward to hearing about the ultrasound!

Tippy said...

Yah!!!!!!!! I"m so happy for you. What great strong beta's... Twins maybe? :-) Can't wait for your u/s.

Kelli said...

Oh Krista!!! Congratulations to you and Matt!!! What a wonderful, wonderful thing (or things??) Can't wait to see what comes next for you guys. lots of love

Jacksmom said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear how many are in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Those numbers are so so high! How many are you growing in there??? CONGRATS!

One Who Understands said...

YEAH!!! Congrats! Great numbers.

Baby Hopes said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! OH MY WORD!!!! I'm SO very excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I just got home from vacation and wanted to check in and see if you had any results yet...I am so so so happy to see your AMAZING news...I bet you cannot wait until the 21st. So very happy for you...huge congrats coming your way!!!

Miss Mac said...

My heart just overfilled reading this post... I am SO happy for you!!! Yay, your turn:] Now... how many? Congrats!

Liz said...

SO HAPPY for you Krista. I can't wait to find out how many of them made it. Triplets would be CRAZY and fun. I am so happy you are finally pregnant!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Mel said...

Congrats!!! So happy for you. I hope we'll all follow your path to pregnancy. Ohhhh please keep updating, love following your blog! Congrats to you and your hubby!

Marianne said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! You have always been an inspiration to me Krista - we were cycle buddies once and I hated 'leaving you behind'. Now you're right there with me!

And I would bet money you have more than one in there. Here were my betas and I obviously am only pregnant with one -
9dp5dt 75
14dp5dt 754

Keep us updated please!

kkasun said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you!
I went through the denial too, it is just so hard when you have all most given up on yourself.
Congrats adn I can't wait to hear how your pregnancy goes and if you are bringing home one or two babies!!

Orange Girl said...

That is wonderful news! Congrats and a happy and healthy 9 months.

Kerrik said...

Congratulations!!! Wow, those numbers are super high. I wonder if all three decided to tuck in!

Molly W. (@mommylovespark) said...

Congrats those are great numbers and I agree super high! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Cin said...

This is great news Krista! I had tears in my eyes reading this! I am so happy for you and your husband! Can't wait to find out if it's twins....wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!

marilyn said...

oh my god!I am so happy for you. I have chills all over and feel as if I am going to cry for joy for you! I just am so unbelievable happy you get to see two lines and you are having that baby you so deserve! Multiples wahoo!!

Cherbear said...

I had a feeling, this just HAD to be it for you. It's your time babe, the unhappy journey is over and a new one has just begun!! Congrats!!!!