Thank you all so much for the awesome outpouring of love, support encouragement, and advice on my last post. I hate being a complainer, so putting up that post was difficult. But, I realize now that it really did help just to "get out" my frustrations, it also really helped more to receive your guys' support, and especially hearing your own personal experiences...so thank you! Please keep em coming!
I went to see Dr. S on Friday morning. I was super paranoid after hearing I might have some type of infection. I woke up Friday morning in a full on anxiety attack! But, I managed to make it down to the far away south clinic to meet with Dr. S.....the first thing he told me was that I might not have an infection at all....that my high WBC count might be being caused by taking the prednisone and also just the pregnancy itself. But, he wanted to do a speculum exam. He checked everything out "downstairs" and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. He also looked at some secretions under the microscope checking for a variety of things....he said everything looked good! They are sending the secretions off to the lab just to double check everything though. He did not see a reason to put me on antibiotics since he could not confirm that I had an infection and didn't know what we'd be treating...which I completely understood. He explained to me that the reason I probably feel so bad is the fact that I am pregnant with three. Okay...that makes sense. He too (just like the other doctor I met with on Monday and the nurses,) blew off the brown discharge. Said it is nothing to worry about. I still have it even today....it isn't heavy, and I'd definitely call it "discharge" rather than "spotting" because it's basically light brown mucous.
I finally gave in and went and picked up the Zofran prescription. Dr. S told me I could take one pill every 8 hours. I decided to start off with half a pill...what a difference it has made! I've been taking a half a pill every 8 hours since Friday and I am actually keeping food down and sleeping through the night! What a miracle! The down side to taking Zofran....I haven't gone #2 since Friday! Yep....went from going at least 3 times a day to now not going at all...super fun times. So, I am now counting on colace and cranberry juice to help me out here. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with cramping, but I couldn't figure out if it was uterine cramping or cramping because I haven't poo'd! What fun this all is, huh girls?
I am just hoping and praying that all this misery will be worth it...I keep saying "there better be a LIVE baby in my uterus this week, because I can't imagine going through all this and the babies being dead!" What horrible thoughts...I just can't help it. I guess I know too much from reading blogs and going through so much with all of you over the past few years.
The only thing that gives me comfort is that I feel a weird sensation in my uterus when I pay attention. I can't even explain it...it almost feels like my uterus is stretching, but it might be too early for that. Though, the doctor on Monday did tell me my uterus will start stretching early to accommodate 3. Sometimes it just feels like there is a lot of blood being pumped into that area. Like when you cut yourself and it feels like there is a pulse where you cut yourself.
Most of all....I just feel like a crazy lady! I feel a bit helpless......being bed ridden is really hard for me. Matt is not one to be able to sit around....so he's been still doing his normal stuff, which makes me feel a bit lonely, but I guess both of shouldn't be bed ridden and miserable. His birthday is tomorrow, I keep forgetting....I haven't planned a damn thing! I keep telling him that we'll just have to celebrate it later. He says he doesn't care...but I feel miserable and guilty.
Hanging in there! Still praying and hoping that we'll actually see a miracle heart beat or two on Thursday!

19 comments:
Or three! I still can't believe all three implanted! I really believe you're gonna see all three beats on Thursday, and I look forward to the update. Glad to hear that you don't have an infection of any kind, but I'm sorry to say the worrying won't end. In fact, even after your baby is in your arms, you'll still worry. It never ever ends, but it's so worth it! Good luck on Thursday!
there will be heart beats! I have faith for you! Cant wait to find out the official number!
There will be 3 beautiful heartbeats!!! But I completely know how you feel. I had that same feeling every week (still do to be honest) that my babes heart would no longer be beating. After all that we have been through...your feelings are completely normal. I will pray for your anxiety to lessen. I bet you are so EXCITED yet nervous about Thursday. But as your doctor said you are feeling all these symptoms in mega speed cause you have 3 babes growing in there...simply amazing. Praying for you friend!!!
Matt already has the best birthday present ever! 3 beautiful babies on the way! In the grand scheme of things a cake and party are insignificant. Try to keep persepective on that and worry about taking care of yourself and those babies. So glad the dr. gave you something to help you feel better and that the discomfort is likely just because there's 4 humans trying to live off of your one little body! :)
Hang in there, it sounds like it will all definitely be worth it. I can't wait to hear about your Thursday appointment.
I love my Zofran!!!
Also, your uterus probably *is* stretching. It's still in your pelvic cavity, but it's growing. Does your doctor take uterine measurements? Mine does, and mine grew from my IVF transfer to my scan at 5w2d, and even more on my scan at 6w4d. And I've only got 2. ;)
Wow - I'm so glad that you are feeling a little better today about everything. The zofran didn't keep me from puking, but it helped a LOT - I'm glad you're giving it a shot!
Hang in there - I can't wait to see an update from you with 3 little perfectly growing gestational sacs and you saying "this is all worth it." :)
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better! Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes!
YAY..glad the zofran is helping a little! Can't wait to hear how that ultrasound goes!! My fingers and toes are crossed!
Colace is great!!! I never took Z.ofran, because it backs you up and I all ready have that problem. So I took P.hinagrin and that helped too!
I don't think it is too early to feel stretching.
I am so anxious to hear how many babies are in there!!!!
definately a drawback to zofran is the constipation. if you go for too long you may not be able to dechipher between the nausea and constipation. i was always told to eat an apple or try the fiber one bars or yogurt. that may help too. good luck!
Greek Yogurt for consitpation! :) I was drinking these during the first trimester and I became almost too regular. Maybe you'll have similar luck???
http://insideourkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/04/pregnancy-smoothie.html
Glad to hear some of the symptoms are improving a bit. So excited for you!!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)
I am soooooo sorry you have been feeling so sick. Goodness. I don't think I had it nearly as bad as you, but I felt so sick when I was pregnant and it really took me by surprise...I thought I'd just be blissfully happy after all I'd gone through to get pregnant, so feeling like crap really caught me off guard. It's OK to complain about it...please always feel free...being pregnant can be hard. Sounds like you are getting some of what's going on under control though, and that is great.
Can't wait to hear your ultrasound news later this week! I have SUCH a good feeling about this turning out GREAT for you...
Glad you are feeling a bit better!!! I just can't wait to hear about your ultrasound on Thursday!! Hang in there and try your best to think happy thoughts:)
I'm glad the meds are helping....hope your plumbing gets back to normal soon! :0P So excited for you and Thursday, I can't wait to hear your super news! I know you must have a million things running through your mind....hope this week goes by fast. xoxo!
SO glad the Zofran is helping, and that they gave it to you. I for the record had brown spotting throughout my first trimester, it was a brown mucus then it turned to a kahaki mucus and it is completely normal. All OBs dismiss brown since it is normal old blood, its the bright red that is an alarm. I know exactly what you mean about feeling the blood rush there, and your right! We have 20-25% more blood in our bodies pregnant and LOTS of flow down there.
I like your Dr. that he is being very thorough with you and we all feel relieved that you are in good hands.
Congratulations again!
PS. Don't go to that dark place wondering if at least 1 is alive.TRUST me you would know if they weren't. You are doing great, stay positive, the second trimester is not that far away!
Wait a second... did I miss something!?! I thought you weren't having an ultrasound for a couple of weeks!!
Congrats on your BUNDLES!!! Very happy for you!!! Hoping all make it!!!
For the constipation, when I was a hospital nurse, we'd have the patients drink heated prune juice. It usually worked like a charm. (If you don't like the taste, you can just down 4-5 oz of it like a shot.)
Good luck with Thursday's u/s! :-)
Sorry that I've been so behind in commenting... CONGRATULATIONS on triplets :)) WOW... what great news :)) Looking forward to hearing news of your scan and look after yourself :) Love to you always xoxo
Post a Comment