Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Latest NST and OB (1/20/2012)

Now, that I am on full bed rest I feel like I have a lot more time to blog...not to mention now that we are in the homestretch of the pregnancy...there seems to be a lot more to report!

First...congrats to Sharon at Misconceptions about Conception....her twin baby boys were born on Thursday night and are doing great! This made things pretty real for me because Sharon, myself and Marissa have been neck and neck with our pregnancies (twin boys all due within the same week!) Who's next, Marissa? HA!

I had an OB and NST appointment yesterday....again, it went very well! Yippee!! My OB checked my cervix and it still has not moved since it was checked nearly two weeks ago! My belly is measuring right around 38 weeks (so 5 weeks ahead, which makes me nervous...if I go to full-term (38 weeks for twins) my belly will measure like 43 weeks!) We did a quick ultrasound and baby boys have still not moved.....baby A is head down (and still very very low,) and baby B is still very much breech. They both have plenty of fluid and are getting veeeeery long.....they reach from my cervix all the way up to my ribs!

The NST also went well. They were pretty quiet at first, but then I drank some OJ and all of the sudden they started hoppin around in there. Their heart accelerations were perfect! Also....I only had ONE contraction the entire hour I was on the monitor! Woo Hoo!!!

My blood pressure continues to be high (I think it was 145/90,) so I have to do the 24 hour urine test again (which I think I will continue weekly until I deliver.) Not to happy to have to do that again....but I guess it is what it is and I know it is important to catch preeclampsia if I do develop it.

I have two NST appointments next week, I see the OB again next Monday (unless anything happens before then,) and then my next growth scan with the perinatologist in a little under two weeks. I am sooo curious to know how much they will weigh....I am hoping for a little over 5 pounds each at that point (I will be 35 weeks.)

Matt and I are getting soooooooooooo excited to meet these two little guys!

12 comments:

laurieb145 said...

Glad things are going so well! Hang in there!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

How does that old adage go???....

All good things come to those who wait.


I'm blissfully happy for you and Matt. this is long awaited and so overdue.

Amy said...

What a great report!

Marissa said...

At some point in the future, we really should all get together with our boys. :)

Sorry you have to do another 24-hour catch. I hope it comes back with little to no protein!

kkasun said...

So exciting!!!! I am so glad things haven't prgressed! Let's keep hoping for 35 plus weeks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Damn it's getting soooooo close!! Seems like yesterday you were home bound from OHSS, now you are about to pop out 2 little boys!!

Kelli said...

yayayayayay Krista....getting so excited for you two!!

Bird said...

OMgosh!! i live for your updates these days! You are doing so WELL!!!

I am so far behind you and Marissa that I look to you two to assure myself that I can make it!

I just barely hit 30 weeks. Can't wait to see the pics of your boys and her boys!

Miss Mac said...

Wow, so exciting and I can't wait for that post when they are here. Until then, rest up as much as you can while those boys keep growing!

Baby Hopes said...

So much happening! I'm so glad that your cervix is holding tight and that your boys are doing well!!! :) Looking forward to their arrival!!!

Anonymous said...

I just tagged you in a fun game of blog tag... Hopefully it will give you something else to do as you continue cooking those babes! :) See my blog for details.

ousoonerchick said...

You haven't updated in awhile and I'm starting to worry about you. I hope you and that babies are OK!