I've been home for a few days now and so far so good! Thank goodness Matt can work from home...I don't know what we'd do otherwise. He is cooking all of the meals, doing all of the house chores, taking care of the dog, working long days and getting in a long run everyday.....what a man! I feel like a big bump on a log which is hard for me, but I know what my job is right now....cooking up these babes! I went in for another NST on Tuesday and all was fine.....the boys' heart accelerations looked great as usual, and I only had two very small contractions in the hour I was on the monitor. My blood pressure is still elevated, so I am guessing I'll be repeating the 24 hour urine test after my next appointment with my OB tomorrow but hopefully I'll dodge that bullet yet again.The contractions have definitely slowed down to a dull roar...not sure what was causing so many last week, but this week...hardly anything...yay!
How Far Along: 33 Weeks
Size of Baby: I'm excited for our next growth scan in 2 weeks. But, I am guessing they are a little over 4 pounds each now.....they are about the size of a honeydew melon. I can tell they are TALL...they reach my bladder all the way up to my ribs when they stretch! I am told they will start putting on a half a pound each per week at this point, so it would be great to get a few more weeks in so we are at least over 5 pounds each at birth.
Picture of Baby: Surprisingly, I did get a few pics from my ultrasounds in the hospital, but they aren't very good and I don't plan to scan them in.
Maternity Clothes: All!
Weight Gain: Holding steady at 158 pounds. My belly has gotten bigger (I know because I measure it,) but my body hasn't gained anymore weight (or I've lost a few) due to the low carb diet and the fact that I've lost a lot of the water weight I was retaining (because I am off of my feet now....my feet, ankles and legs are actually back down to somewhat normal size.) I am ALL baby these days!
Belly: Belly is getting bigger each day. It seems to be growing at a rapid rate these days. Still no stretch marks and I haven't been very good at using my cocoa butter.....I need to be better at that. My line of nigra is super duper dark too. Something new this week is that my belly button is turning into an outie...that's kinda interesting.
Stretch Marks: None yet!
Sleep: Much better now that I am home...the hospital sleeps weren't good because I wasn't comfortable, getting up to pee and all the interruptions at night...they really don't leave you alone for more than two hours at a time. I am sleeping pretty good at home...if only I didn't have to get up every few hours to pee (I keep telling Matt that I wish I could sleep with a catheter so that I can sleep without having to constantly get up!) I am also napping for an hour or two during the day so I am getting plenty of rest! Trying to get in as much as I can now before these boys arrive!
Best Moment of the Week: Hearing that my cervix hasn't dilated any further and listening to my babies heart beats.
Movement: All the time! They are quiet at night during sleep but wake up as soon as I eat breakfast and move a lot throughout the day. When they are both awake....it is very interesting because my belly looks like a constant wave of movement. Baby B finally found his legs (he had them tucked underneath for a long time,) and now kicks a lot more and shoves his head up in my ribs regularly. They also both seem to constantly have the hiccups...maybe it just seems like constantly to me because there are two in there! They are two very active little guys!
Symptoms: Stuffed up nose (breathe rite strips do not work for me, for those of you who have suggested....they don't do a thing.) SNORING and strange breathing/sounds from the back of my throat when I am asleep. Contractions. High blood pressure (but no pre-eclampsia.) Mild gestational diabetes....controlled with diet.
Food Cravings: Ice cream, sugar, ice cream, sugar, ice cream! Matt is now finding ways to satisfy my sugar cravings without giving me a bunch of sugar. He is baking peaches, pears and apples in the oven with a bit of brown sugar on them....pretty good! I'm also occasionally eating frozen yogurt. All my blood sugars have been within normal limits so I may be able to stop testing soon (which would be nice!)
Gender: Two gorgeous boys!
What I Miss: Eating what I want! Not being so dependent on others for everything! Not having a stuffed up nose! Not getting out of breath just walking up the stairs! Sleeping through the night and sleeping on my stomach. Being able to pick things up that I drop. Put my own shoes and socks on. Being able to carry heavy things and just do things we all usually take for granted like being able to clip my own toenails and shave my "lady parts." Getting in and out of bed, off the couch and out of the car easily.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Meeting my boys in 1-5 weeks (shooting for 3 more weeks!) Perinatologist appointment in 2 weeks (to find out how much they weigh.)
Nursery: Done!!
Weekly Wisdom: Always be safe rather than sorry when it comes to your little one(s,) the hospital stay was hard but I am glad we all got a week of constant monitoring and testing.
Milestones: Reaching 32+ weeks, this means we can deliver at our hospital if they were to be born anytime past this point. At this point, we are really counting each day as a milestone due to the scare last week....each day they are in there is a celebration!
Emotions: Relieved, excited, anxious (about delivery.) Sometimes cranky about losing my independence.


8 comments:
So glad to hear you're still at home and cooking those babes!!
Glad to hear all is well! Sending prayers your way that everything continues that way!
Great news, glad to hear that everything is going well. Rest up and cook those little boys!
We're so close! Hope things continue to stay calm for you for a few more weeks. :)
yay Krista!!
Your belly is so stinking cute!!! And yea for being home...and for being on the home stretch :)
So glad you are home in your own bed! You've been in my thoughts so much lately! I am sending you and the boys lot and lots of love. Hang in there these last few weeks!
Hey krista, I'm sorry I've been AWOL for so long. I am so glad to hear you are having little boys! It sounds like it has still been a crazy adventure but I am so glad you guys are hanging in there. Hopefully they can make it just a couple more weeks. Going in the l&d early is so scary. We went in at 28 weeks for a few days. I'm glad you get to bedrest at home. It is so much better than the hospital, so much more comfortable!
Post a Comment