Surprise!!!
The perinatologist came to see me today and my cervix has not progressed AT ALL!!! Woo Hoo! He seems to think I'm just an early "contractor" but that the contractions at this point aren't doing anything to my cervix and I'm not in any type of early labor. I was sooooo happy to hear that! My contractions continue....about 2-6 an hour but they are not painful and I hardly notice them unless I'm really paying attention.
So, the plan right now is to continue the twice weekly NSTs as well as twice weekly visits with my OB, then I will see the perinatologist again in 2 weeks for our last growth scan. I am suppose to call if anything changes in the contractions (more frequent or more intense,) if my water breaks, if I have any bleeding, etc. Right now I am stable so there is no reason to sit in the hospital. I am on full bed rest until 34 weeks (which is only a week away,) then I am free to move around because at that point going into labor would be fine and they wouldn't do anything to stop it (though....I think I'll take it easy until at least 35 weeks, since that is my goal to get to.)
Matt is working from home full time now, so he will be waiting on me hand and foot. We are just so happy that it looks like we'll be able to squeak out at least a few more weeks out of the pregnancy and possibly no NICU time...wouldn't that be awesome?!

20 comments:
YAY! Glad to hear you are home and babies are doing well! Rest up! :) And keep 'em cookin! :)
no NICU would be AWESOME!!! Rest as much as you can, cook babies cook...
I have been in a panic waiting for an update!! So glad to hear you are at home! Enjoy the table service and rest as much as possible. Don't watch anything too funny or you might have 2 babies on the couch! Enjoy the peace, the silence, and sleep, before the twin boy storm hits town!
Oh yay! Glad everything is good enough for you to go home! Take it easy!
Awesome news!!!
Krista -
So sorry to hear about your unexpected stay in the hospital! Sounds like the boys are doing good, just take it easy! Hoping you make it to 35 weeks! Take Care!!!
Cindi
So so glad you are home and all is well with you and the boys!! I've been praying for y'all! Now take it easy and like another commenter suggested, enjoy your quiet time before the crazy whirlwind of being a twin mommy :)
Wonderful news!!!
Congratulations!!! So happy to hear that you are finally home with both boys where they supposed to be for another few weeks. Take care of yourself.
Gald to hear everything is well with you. Hang in there little men!!
Thats wonderful news!! Keep it up mama
Such wonderful news Krista!! hugs!
That's great news!?
Hooray for such GREAT news!! Rest up and take care of yourself and those little boys :)
Such great news! Let's hope for 35 weeks!
That is fabulous news Krista! Keep those boys cookin'! It would be terrific if they can stay put another 2 weeks and then you can just relax and enjoy the process. Avoid the temptation to just get up and do the quick thing while Matt is busy now! It will be hard-but I know you can do it. :) I will continue to pray each day for all of you too!
Great news!!!
THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!!! I cant believe how close you are. I still remember when your boys were just handsome embyo's! lol. I'm so happy for you hun. You did it!! you put in the work, ate the right things, and gave all you had...and the reward is so close now!!
So glad you're home!
Oh Krista, with everything going on over here I haven't kept up. Thinking about you and those baby boys, and if you need anything, you know where to find me. If you're confused or want to bounce things off me, PM me on FB. Id be happy to offer any words I can about whatever may/may not be going on. Keep off your feet, but even now, being 33ish weeks, those boys will be ok if they come! Try and cook them as long as possible though!
Post a Comment