I realized while I was in the hospital that my week actually turned over to the next week on Wednesdays, so I was actually 34 weeks yesterday....but I think for now I'll keep up the weekly posts on Thursdays, since that's what I've been doing the entire pregnancy. I don't know why I didn't notice this before...even my ticker at the top of my blog says my week turns over on Wednesdays! Oh well! I'm so excited to have made it to 34 weeks....for some reason it makes me feel like the boys will still do great if they were to be born anytime past 34 weeks. I'd LOVE to get to 35-36 weeks, but 34 is awesome too!! Even the perinatologist told me I'd only have to be on full bed rest until 34 weeks...since it would be safe to deliver after that. But, Matt and I decided I'd lay low until at least 35 weeks.
My lastest NST was on Tuesday.....I think I should just get used to these appointments never just being "run of the mill" appointments from here on out. I did my latest 24 hour urine the day before, so I dropped that off at the lab before heading to my appointment. Of course, the boys did great during the NST...lots of movement and heart accelerations. I only had two very minor contractions during the NST (which was about 45 minutes.) But, of course my blood pressure was elevated...because well, it's ALWAYS elevated! So, the nurse insisted I see one of the OBs that was in the office. I told her I'd just dropped off my urine, but she still wanted me to see an OB. So, I waited and waited since I was being squeezed in. Well, the OB didn't know what to do with me...just asked me the same questions that I've been asked a hundred times (any leaking of fluid, any bleeding, any headaches, any blurred vision, any pain above the belly on the right....no no no no no.) So, she ends up calling the perinatolgist who says we basically just need to wait for the 24 urine test to come back, but he wants me to increase my blood pressure meds and wants to repeat the blood tests for PIH. So, the appointment ended up taking almost 3 hours by the time I dropped off the urine, did my NST, saw the OB and had the blood tests done. Nothing is simple anymore at this point!
They called back that afternoon to say the protein in my urine is showing mild pre-eclampsia. They said we won't worry about too much right away because the blood results were all within the normal range. But, the protein in my urine is definitely rising each week as is my blood pressure, so I know I'll have pre-eclampsia soon. I have another NST tomorrow and they'll have me repeat the 24 hour urine to see how fast the proteins are rising. My next OB appointment is on Monday so I guess a decision will be made then...depending on how the pre-e is looking. I have a feeling it is going to be the pre-e that delivers these babies early...not the contractions or my cervix. I hope to get to 35 weeks...since that is my goal but at this point I'll be shocked to make it to 36. We're getting very close now....
How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Size of Baby: I'm excited for our next growth scan in 1 week (if I make it!) Let's hope for 5 pounds each at that appointment.
Picture of Baby: No more pictures. :-(
Maternity Clothes: All!
Weight Gain: Up 3 more pounds, total weight gain 56 pounds (starting weight 105, weighing in at 161.)
Belly:
Sorry, the pic is bad this week. My shirt isn't the greatest to show off the bump and it seems a little blurry.
Stretch Marks: None yet!
Sleep: Not so bad! I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tired, so as soon as my head hits the pillow I am out! I'm sleeping for longer periods of time and getting up less too. I think my body is just really needing a lot of sleep right now. I nap during the day every other day or so which I love, but when I nap my sleep at night isn't as good. But, if I don't nap I can barely keep my eyes open in the late afternoons.
Best Moment of the Week: Just waking up each morning still pregnant is the best moment of the week.
Movement: Still the same...they are quiet at night during sleep but wake up as soon as I eat breakfast and move on and off throughout the day through their sleeping patterns. Lots of hiccups.....I think Baby A had the hiccups 3 times yesterday, and Baby B one time.
Symptoms: All of the sudden by boobs have started KILLING me...does anyone know why this would happen at this point in the pregnancy? Is it just hormones preparing for my milk to come in? Stuffed up nose (breathe rite strips do not work for me, for those of you who have suggested....they don't do a thing.) SNORING and strange breathing/sounds from the back of my throat when I am asleep. Minor contractions. Mild pre-eclampsia. Mild gestational diabetes....controlled with diet.
Food Cravings: Same as most of the pregnancy (since the nausea went away)....junk food, sugar, sodas but of course still not giving into any of them. Occasionally I have some ice cream or frozen yogurt in the evenings (if my blood sugars looked good all day.) I'm getting excited to be able to have a cup of coffee in the morning again....I gave it up 2 years ago but am kinda excited to have my one cup a day again....Matt's coffee in the mornings has been smelling sooo good to me!
Gender: Two gorgeous boys!
What I Miss: Eating what I want! Not being so dependent on others for everything! Not having a stuffed up nose! Not getting out of breath just walking up the stairs! Sleeping through the night and sleeping on my stomach. Being able to pick things up that I drop. Put my own shoes and socks on. Being able to carry heavy things and just do things we all usually take for granted like being able to clip my own toenails and shave my "lady parts." Getting in and out of bed, off the couch and out of the car easily.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Meeting my boys any day now (but hopefully 1-2 more weeks!) Perinatologist appointment in 1 week.
Nursery: Done!!
Weekly Wisdom: In twin pregnancy, this far along...take it one day at a time and be thankful for each day you are still pregnant. Try not to plan but have a "go with the flow" attitude.
Milestones: At this point, we are really counting each day as a milestone....each day they are in there is a celebration!
Emotions: Excited (to meet my babies,) anxious (about delivery and NICU time.)


6 comments:
So happy every update to read that they're still in there!! Exciting all the same that you're so close to holding them in your arms. :)
You're doing great!! Fingers crossed that the pre-e stays at bay.
You mentioned your boobs but I am just wondering where the hell are they. ha ha.
You are almost there!
You are doing so well! And your spirits are so high!
I bet those babies will be born before 35 weeks, I predict your appointment on Monday will end with Labour and Delivery. The NICU time at this point will be so short, and your beautiful boys will be fabulous!
So glad they are still in there cooking!
I am so happy you are probably going to make it to 35 weeks, what an accomplishment!!!!!
I'm glad things are going to well, I was getting worried with no updates. I hadn't even noticed they were every Thursday. LOL Can't wait to see your babies!! I'll wait a few more weeks if they can!
Post a Comment