Not too much to report today, but I thought I'd keep the ol' blog regularly updated through this big adventure!
Matt spent the day in my room with me...which was really nice. I usually spend the days by myself, but he was able to spend the day with me since it is Sunday (no work) and he got all of the household stuff done yesterday. We mostly hung out in my room watching football (which is fine with me, I just like having him here!) He took me on a wheelchair ride around the hospital...including outside which was really nice...the fresh air felt good...I wish it were a bit warmer outside so we could just go sit out there...but it is chilly in Denver so we could only stay outside for 10 minutes or so.
We were given a tour of the NICU today too. It's hard to think that my boys will have to be in there, but I am trying my best to get used to the idea and wrap my mind around it. Matt and I learned a lot about how things operate in the NICU, what kind of care the boys would need if they were born now, or at 34 weeks, 35, etc. We'd love to bake them two more weeks and get them close to 35 weeks, that seems to be the magic week where they don't seem to need as much care. Matt and I then talked about how we will handle things (like visiting) if they have to stay in there for several weeks. Its good that we have this time to discuss instead of just being thrown into it. We realize our boys will be in the NICU but we are being given time for it to sink in, discuss our feelings and how we will handle having to leave them here while we go home (which will be torturous, of course!)
The boys feel like they are getting bigger and bigger each day. Just like Baby A, Baby B has found his way to my ribs and likes to head butt me up there regularly. They love to stretch and kick each other and put on little shows for me to watch....they are definitely my favorite channel to watch! The monitoring continues to go well.....their heart accelerations always look so good...they are always give a gold star from the OBs. Unfortunately, my contractions continue...I'm not sure if they are making any huge changes to my cervix at this point or not. I don't feel like they've increased in intensity (they are still not painful.) I haven't had my cervix checked since Friday night which showed no change, so I am hoping this means the contractions continue to make no changes. I guess we'll find out tomorrow when the perinatologist comes to visit me!
Thanks for all the supportive comments. I know many of you have mentioned that it is hard staying in the hospital but that it is best for the boys so to hang in there.....and I couldn't agree more. I have no intention of going home unless it is 100% safe and there is no reason for me to be here. Yes, I miss Matt, I miss sleeping in our bed, I miss the dog, I hate being awoken at night for various things, it sucks to be stuck in a hospital bed all day....but I will take all of that for as long as it takes if it means I can squeak out a few more weeks out of this pregnancy. I'd rather lay in this bed for 2 weeks and get to 35 weeks if it means the boys will have to stay even one less day in the NICU!

14 comments:
Thinking of you, Krista. Thank you for the updates. And, little boys, stay put for a couple more weeks! :)
Glad to hear that you and the boys are doing okay! Hang in there and enjoy your sleep while you still can!! Soon you will only sleep 1-2hrs at a time. lol
Glad things have remained stable..Thanks for the update, I have been thinking of you guys! You have a great attitude about a lousy situation! Hang in there!
Goodness I have just caught up on these posts! Krista you poor angel! I am so glad you are in the hospital and receiving the right care. A wheelchair ride sounds nice ;) Come on little boys just a few more weeks inside, we want to meet you but just not yet!
You, Krista...are an amazing woman! Your attitude is great and you are going to be the BEST mom ever. way to keep you spirits up and see the good side of things. I admire your strength.
And positivity. I know those boys can feel it too so here to hoping they say put for at least a few more weeks!
Think of you and the boys, Krista! Hospital bed rest is not fun, but you are right in that it is the right thing. Here's to two more weeks of cooking an 35 weeks!
Much love to you!
Think of you! What an example of a mother's love for her boys! You are doing great. Hang in there girl :)
You are not lone in there, you have two little rar bags in your belly, Matt in person and phone, and all of us via online. Thinking of you and love reading updates. You are being the best mum for sucking it up an putting the boys first. You should be proud of yourself. Those boys are damn lucky..! Hang in there..xxxx
Sounds like you had a nice sunday...lets hope you can have a repeat of the same next sunday with those babies still baking away!!!
Thinking of you daily! Glad you could enjoy your Sunday with Matt. I hope you get your wish for at least 35 weeks!
Yikes! Just getting caught up. Sounds like you are where you need to be right now for those precious baby boys. Prayers that they keep cooking for a few more weeks!
Oh my. . . I hadn't checked blogs in a few days, so I'm just learning you're in the hospital. I'm so sorry!
I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going ok and am thinking good thoughts for you that your boys can remain in utero longer.
Take care.
Sounds great Krista! Keep up that positive flow of energy and just keep bakin' those boys! ;) I think of you constantly throughout my day and am hoping for the best possible outcome for you guys! Keep that chin up dear-just a few more weeks and you'll be holding those boys wondering what all the fuss was about!
Krista, just seeing now that you have been in the hospital...I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this! But it sounds like things are going really well, considering. And so great you are able to have such a positive attitude!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...
XO
Post a Comment