First off....I want to thank many of you for the sweet messages yesterday and today. It made me feel very special that so many of you remembered that today was our big day and sent me a message letting me know you were thinking of me! I know you are all waiting for an update, so without further ado:
We have THREE heartbeats!!!!
No, I'm no kidding.......
All three were beautiful and measuring right on track (one even a day ahead!)
The truth is....none of this has sunk in yet. I called my Mom to give her the big news when we got home from the U/S and I felt weird telling her....like I was lying or something. Why is that? I guess when you've been trying so long....and it finally happens....it just doesn't seem real. Matt keeps asking me when I am going to get excited. I guess my lack of "excitement" is probably because of the way I feel...it's hard to get excited when you feel sick all the time!
It's been a tough week. Last week was bad because I was severely nauseated. This week has been better since I am taking the Zofran, but I've been oh so constipated!!! Oh oh my!!! I got SO backed up and nothing...absolutely nothing was working! I've been taking stool softeners, I tried Miralax, prune juice, prunes, etc. NOTHING!!! I barely slept last night because the constipation was so terrible and I was in so much pain!! I was seriously considering going into the ER!!
But, we went to our U/S this morning (we showed up early because I couldn't sit around the house constipated any longer!) Once we got there, I told them what was going on and they told me that it was time to use an Enema! So, I went ahead and did that once I got home....and finally did get some relief! Now, let's just hope I can keep "things" moving! I don't know what is worse....constant nausea or severe constipation!
Anyway, onto better things....my Mom was SO excited when I told her! She immediately blurted out "Krista's pregnant!!!" I was like "OMG....who is at your house, we aren't telling everyone yet!!" But, it was just my two sisters....which I suppose is okay....I did have to tell them numerous times before we got off the phone not to tell anyone!! I'm definitely not ready for all family members to know yet!!
I also made an appointment with the perinatologist in August. That was weird too! At that time we'll discuss what we are going to do. For now, we'll continue to watch all three and see how they develop. The perinatolgist can also do some genetic testing on the babies as well, which will hopefully also help us decide what to do.
I cried a lot during the ultrasound. At first, the girl could only find one baby/one heartbeat. Which was fine with me! But, the more she probed around....voila! She found the other two....just as big, with strong heart beats! I was crying and squeezing Matt's hand so hard....I just couldn't believe it!
So, that's the latest with me!! Again, thank you all for the amazing amount of support you've all given me over the past several weeks. It's been so tough....but I feel blessed beyond measure.
P.S I forgot to mention....I've put on 5 pounds over the past 10 days and I am ALREADY showing!!! It's no joke when they say you start showing VERY quickly with triplets!!! The nurse we met with after our U/S today told me to plan on putting on 45-50 pounds from my starting weight of 102!

40 comments:
What a sweet post! So glad everything is looking great!! :D
Miracles in the making! Congrats! I am so excited for you.
Amazing news!! And likely the reason you are so sick!! I hear that the more babies, the worse the "morning/all day" sickness! Congrats!! Can't wait for more updates as they come!! At least with multiples there is way more monitoring which makes IF'rs a little more comfortable, because we see out babies more often than singletons!! CONGRATS!!
Amazing news!! And likely the reason you are so sick!! I hear that the more babies, the worse the "morning/all day" sickness! Congrats!! Can't wait for more updates as they come!! At least with multiples there is way more monitoring which makes IF'rs a little more comfortable, because we see out babies more often than singletons!! CONGRATS!!
What fantastic news!!!! Congrats again!
Oh YAY.......I kept checking for an update!!!! Grow babies grow...and like I said to you before it is hard to get excited when your dreams are coming true because with infertility we constantly have dissappointments right? When you feel the first kicks you will feel excitement and with three of them there will be constant kicking.....LOL.....HUGE CONGRATS...
Wow wow wow! I cannot even imagine what you're thinking/feeling right now! Phew. YOU.ARE.PREGNANT!
The whole triplet news is pretty scary awesome, but WOW, this worked!
I hope you start feeling better soon. The week I started being "regular" again was SUCH a relief. Hang in there!!
Krista I am so incredibly excited for you!!! I've been checking to see when you would post today. I agree with the last commenter that the extra monitoring with multiples really does help when you've already been through so much just to get pregnant. I'm so excited to follow your journey with triplets!!! Congratulations again!
Awesome! I've been checking for an update all day! I am so excited for you but I can understand why it's hard to be excited for yourself... Congratulations x 3!
O.M.G!!! Triplets! That is amazing news! So happy all is looking good! Feel Better! Congratulations x3!!!!
OMG oh my god oh my god!!!!! three heartbeats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm speechless on your behalf!!!!
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Oh, wow! Triple wow! Can't wait to follow your journey with these sweet babies! I can't imagine everything you're feeling (in addition to nausea/constipation- yuck, sorry). I'm sure you are in great hands with the RE/specialists.
Wowsers! Three heartbeats! Amazing. I. Can't wait to follow your journey. Much love and happiness to you and your hubby :). P.S. I seriously think I only. Started to. Sound happy and excited when at 24 weeks the doctor said, we have a viable baby in there! It was like, oh, this is real, I can be happy!
That is just awesome news! I am sure you can't believe it but still awesome. Congrats!
Wow, triplets. Congratulations!
Assuming all progresses as expected for both of us, you and I will probably deliver very close together: I am 8w1d pregnant today with twins. ;-)
Congrats on all 3! That is wonderful news!
Wow that is amazing Krista!! I know it's probably overwhelming too...but it's such a miracle. Not just life, but life plus life plus life all in your womb!! One just months ago we were crying and praying over. I am in awe.
Great news! I'm so glad you saw those flickering heart beats. I still tear up thinking about the first time I saw and heard it. Amazing. Congratulations!!
Wow wow wow! You must be scared out of your wits! Three babies, 3x pooey nappies, have you got 3 boobs???This is very very exciting and I'm so happy for you. The logistics is going to be very interesting. Cannot wait to follow your journey!!! Yihaaaa!
What amazing news!! I can't wait to hear even more about your little ones as they grow!!
OMG KRISTA!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congratulations to you and hubby.
Wow, congratulations, Krista! So happy for you! It's so huge to have that U/S and see the heartbeats!
Kirsta this is INSANE!!!!! Congratulations on the heartbeat and the movement, I had it and it was really really painful. big aussie hugs to you xxxx
Sooooo exciting!! I am so happy for you FOUR!
As for the constipation... in the beginning I would take metamusil. Start with one cap/day for a couple days then two/day etc. until you are regular. Then continue taking however many it was that made you go. Its natural fiber, psyillium husk.
I never had any constipation problems after that! Good luck!
Three Heartbeats!? WOW!! You are going to be a very busy Mama! Congrats!!
On a side note- its normal for it to take a while for the "excitement" to set in! I know it was a long road and its hard to switch your mindset from "dealing with IF... meds, appts, etc." to "PREGNANT!" But, it will happen soon for you!! Especially when you see your growing belly! =)
P.S. On the constipation front, my doc has me take a colace in the am, one In the pm and the secret trick is to drink smart water...something about the potassium and electrolytes. It got me back on track and I plan to keep it up until lo arrives.
Holy Moly!!! 3 !!!! Oh my god! How exciting.
And also to let you know Im terribly constipated too! nothing works, and I tried prune juice today, seriously was the most vile thing I have ever tasted, It looked like tar and made me gag, couldnt do it. Threw it all away in protest.! hopefully things sort themselves out for us both soon
Yay!!!!!!!!! What joyous news!! I am so very happy for you!! I hope the morning sickness and constipation gets better soon. Looking forward to following this amazing journey!!
WOW! 3 of them! 3 of them. This is one journey I will follow to the very end. I've never "met" anyone with triplets before!
OMG I'm so happy for you!!!!
oh my goodness Krista....I am sooo excited for you!!! I never got back on here and am exhausted...so signed on jus to see if you updated. What exciting news!! So sorry about the constipation stuff...but no wonder huh?! =0) big xoxoxox to you!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us if you ever speak to the 2 ladies that ditched your friendship over not having any kids. Oh I wish I could be there when they find out you are overtaking them and having 3!
Amazing!!!! I'm so happy that you saw strong heartbeats - and with 3 of them you and Matt are in for the ride of your lifetime!
Amazing news!!!! I am so excited for you, Krista!! Sending you good vibes that everything continues well. Feel good!
Amazing!!! What a journey you are already embarked on...I will be praying for you and the hubby and your 3 blessings ALL THE WAY!!!
Ahh! SO exciting! We want belly pics and ultrasound pics plz!! =) I cannot believe you are slated to gain like 50 pounds! I did hear the thinner you are, the more you are to gain. Have fun eating and enjoying life guilt free! Woohoo!
Congratulations! TRIPLETS!!! WOW!!! I'm SO excited for you! These babes are long overdue for you. Sending much love and prayers for a happy and healthy pregnancy for all of you!
Wow triplets!!!! Congrats! I also get constipated easily, but was constantly nauseus so I just stuck with Phinagrin. It makes you tired, but I would rather be tired than constipated, just a thought!!!
Wow!! Congrats. How exciting!
Congrats triplet momma! I will be praying that all three remain healthy and snug for the next nine months!
Post a Comment