So, I realize that I haven't updated my blog in quite some time. Partly because I just haven't felt like it for some reason, partly because I just haven't had time. I think I left off where AF started at the beginning of February. Well, I went in for my ultrasound on February 18th (day 13 of my cycle,) and I had one large ripe follicle at 23 mms. So, we did the hCG trigger shot that night and then we had our IUI on February 20th….all went well. Hubby's sperm count was lower (by 50%) then it was last time. I think that was probably because he was really sick, and because we did not have intercourse leading up to the IUI because he was out of town and came back with a terrible cold. For some reason, older sperm has lower counts. So, if you haven't had intercourse within a few days, most likely….the counts will be lower, which his were. Hopefully, I did not ovulate any earlier then our IUI because there was no sperm waiting to pounce!
The 2WW is lasting forever! I can't believe I am only on 5 days post IUI. I read today that 84% of implantation happens between days 8-10 after ovulation. I still have a few more days to go before that would even happen, so I should probably stop trying to read into every imaginary symptom I think I am having! I've tried to be more careful this cycle….no caffeine, limited sugar, lots of fruits and veggies, lots of sleep and then trying to keep my stress levels in check. I did schedule an appointment for a massage, but wasn’t able to get in until this weekend, so I don't even know if it's going to do me any good. But, at least it will feel nice!
Not much else to report now. If this cycle is not successful, we've decided to try one more IUI in March, then take a break for 3 months while I do acupuncture. I've heard a lot of great things about acupuncture and fertility, but heard it takes 3 months of it to have an effect on fertility. So, we'd do that, then maybe try a few more IUI's in the summertime. If all else fails, we are going to see a specialist about IVF in the fall, and will start that up in 2011. So, that's the plan for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment