Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another Bump in the Road

Well, I had my second U/S with the RE this morning (cycle day 14) and it doesn't look like I responded well to the letrozole….my follicles only got to about 12mm and he said that he does not expect them to grow anymore this cycle. He gave me the option to up the dosage of letrozole and come back in a week to check on them. The downside to that is that if I do have some mature follicles (which he did not seem very hopeful for,) we wouldn't be able to do the IUI because it will be Christmas weekend and the office is closed.

So, we opted to start taking progesterone to cause AF to start and then start over in a few weeks with a higher dosage of letrozole. This seemed like the easier choice because I really want to do the IUI since I haven't been able to the last 2 cycles.

Needless to say, I AM disappointed that the cycle didn't work out, but I'm trying to keep my spirits up. I'm hoping the higher dosage of letrozole will give me some good follicles. I'm only going to try it one more time and then move on to injectables. So, it looks like I'll be having my next IUI sometime the week of January 10th…bummer that we have to wait longer. :-(

No comments: