Well, it's been 2 weeks since my last update, so I guess I am not living up to my promise that I would update my blog once a week. But, there just hasn't been much to report. Once there is more to report, I do plan to update at least once a week again.
Since we have not been able to do any treatment this month, as I have mentioned, I've been trying to concentrate on other things. I think I have done a VERY good job with this. I've managed to dig myself out of my "infertility slump," which is a nice feeling. It gets hard not to feel desperate, disappointed, sad and angry when infertility is constantly on your mind month after month. It's been nice to just completely put it aside and concentrate on other things, something I haven't done in a long time.
We did have one minor set-back last week when hubby's best friend called him. I think I have mentioned that he and his wife are pregnant. After 5 years of trying and 4 IVFs, they are finally expecting. I am VERY happy for them....since I know first hand how it feels to not be able to conceive.
So, hubby's friend calls him up last week...I couldn't hear the conversation because hubby was upstairs, but I could definitely tell that they were talking about me. I find out later that hubby's friend was asking him if I've had the "thin lining" problem looked into. My hubby tells me that he told him that I only had the thin lining problem on clomid, and that since I am no longer on it, I shouldn't have the same problem. Then, the best friend goes on to tell hubby that he spoke to HIS fertility doc about us, and that the fertility doc said that he can't believe we are doing IUIs, because he thinks we should have just gone straight to IVF.
Now, you all know that I am all on-board with IVF. BUT, I just can't understand why an RE would recommend someone trying au-natural then going straight to IVF, which is extremely expensive, time consuming and mentally and physically exhausting. No one in their right mind would go straight to IVF unless there were severe reproductive problems that had already diagnosed, and there was absolutely no way the couple could get pregnant with IUI. That is not the case with us, as everything is fully functioning with both of us. I do realize that there is probably some communication failures going on here, from hubby to his best friend, to best friend to his doctor, from doctor to best friend, then best friend to hubby again, then back to me. There is a lot of communication problems that are bound to happen there! But still…..best friend got hubby all riled up, he started asking me a million questions about why we did this, what happened here, have we checked on this, etc. While I appreciate his involvement in this process, I also feel like he's gone through this entire process with me, and knows why we've made the decisions we have on different treatments, and what we've already had checked out.
I guess it annoyed me because I was oh so blissfully enjoying my "downtime" from infertility, I was enjoying my book and not thinking about all this when the call came. I just told hubby that my entire life would not be consumed with infertility, we've already made our decision on how to proceed next, and that at this time, I want my downtime. In addition to that, what makes best friend such an expert on all this? Now, I know that he means well, so don't get me wrong. But, he really acted like hubby and I had not done any research on our own, and that he knew what was best for us. Again, I appreciate that he was trying to be helpful, but he's pulled this kind of stuff in the past with us, acting like he knew what was best for hubby and I and our life.
Okay, that is all the venting for now. Day 22 in cycle! We are nearing the end. I no longer feel the cysts, so I am crossing fingers that they are gone! I am a bit worried because AF is supposed to arrive sometime around Thanksgiving. I am supposed to go in for a baseline ultrasound on the 1st or 2nd day of my cycle to make sure cysts are gone, then start letrozole on day 3. This could pose a problem since the office will be closed Thanksgiving, and we will be out of town Thanksgiving and the following 2 days. So, I need to call the RE office next Monday and see what I should do. I am hoping they'll get me in for an ultrasound on Tuesday or Wednesday, and just tell me to start the letrozole on CD 3….whenever that falls. Hopefully, they don't give me too much trouble. I'd hate to have to skip another month because of timing problems! It's always something!!

No comments:
Post a Comment