Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

24 Weeks

It's been an uneventful week in the pregnancy. I've thought about skipping putting up a blog during the really boring weeks of the pregnancy. Partly because there really isn't anything new to report, partly because I don't know how many readers I have left here. I'm not feeling sorry for myself that I don't have a ton of readers anymore. I realize that is partly my fault because I just haven't been very active on the blogs lately. I'm still reading blogs, but not commenting much, and I realize that you get back what you put in......so it doesn't surprise me that my readers have fallen off. However, I think for now I'll keep up the weekly updates....I do like having this log/journal to look back on and see where I was at each step in the pregnancy, so for now...I'm going to keep up the weekly posts...even if just for my own records.

How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Size of Baby: Two papayas!

Picture of Baby: None this week.

Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothes now. Even busted out of one pair of my maternity jeans, so I'll have to go replace those with a bigger size!

Weight Gain: 32 pounds

Belly:


Stretch Marks: None yet! Still using cocoa butter every day.

Sleep:  A bit better this week. I'm falling asleep and even when I wake up to use the restroom and blow my nose, I am able to fall back asleep easily. I am still getting achy back and legs throughout the night and having to turn a lot, but luckily I am getting a few hours of sleep at a time now.

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling the babies move is by far my most favorite part of the pregnancy.

Movement:  I am feeling them a lot more now and I LOVE IT! In the beginning I only felt them at certain times of the day, and even though I still may go a few hours without feeling them. I feel like I am feeling them enough now that it really helps with the worry factor. Sometimes they really get going and I lift up my shirt and just watch my stomach jump up and down...it's the coolest thing I've ever experienced...by far! They are most active in the evenings so Matt has been able to feel them plenty of times now!

Symptoms: Not many at this point in the pregnancy.  My nose is still always stuffed up, especially in the evenings and at night is the worst! My back and feet have started hurting quite a bit if I am up and around a lot, or cooking/doing dishes where I am standing for long periods.

Food Cravings: I seem to always want Chicken McNuggets or Subway!

Gender: Two gorgeous boys!

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night! Being able to pick things up that I drop and put on my own shoes and socks.  Being able to carry heavy things and just do things we all usually take for granted like being able to clip our own toenails and shave our "lady parts." Getting in and out of bed, off the couch and out of the car easily. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: Finishing the nursery, baby shower in 2 weeks, continued growing belly, feeling more movement from the boys, next appointment with perinatologist in less than 3 weeks.

Nursery: Still coming along! Matt put together the changer and dresser last weekend, and I was able to organize all of the clothes in the closet and drawers and put up a few other things. This weekend, Matt plans to tackle putting together the cribs, then I'll be able to put the bedding on and the nursery will be pretty well completed at that point. We plan to purchase a small bookcase and glider probably in December or January, and then just decorate, and we'll be done!

Weekly Wisdom: Sign up for your prenatal classes early! We had hoped to take most of them in December so we don't have to worry about it January. Well, I waited too long to get signed up and now we'll be taking a class every weekend in January! Oh well...at least we are signed up, lets just hope I don't have to go on bed rest early!

Milestones: 24 weeks....we all know what that means, but I'm not making a big deal out of it.

Emotions: Excited and sooooooo blessed.

22 comments:

K. said...

Some of us are still here and happy to read of an uneventful happy and healthy 9 months!! I look forward to seeing the pics when they are born!! Do what you can when you can...I am no regular blogger, just when I ned to get something out... your loyals will stay with you!! Big hugs!

Shannon said...

Keep up the updates. I read them every week, but I am a terrible commenter. I've been a bad blogger too, and should do my own, but I still forget I am pregnant, and because it was a 'surprise' It really doesn't seem real.

justagirl-Krista said...

I still read them every week. I don't comment as much but I still read. I am so happy your pregnancy is going well.

Chon said...

Still here still reading!!!!

E and R said...

I know what you mean about wondering whether or not to continue with the updates. I know I have also lost readers since I got pregnant.
Glad to hear that the boys are doing well!

Jos said...

I think there's just not as much for people to say to the weekly updates - those are the posts by far that get the lowest amt of comments on my blog. I think you should keep doing them - you'll really like being able to look back at them!

Heather said...

I'm still following along :)

SJ said...

Keep posting! I admit that sometimes I save my "Pregnant" blogs for reading when I'm in a good frame of mind, but I still like the updates and I'm happy that you are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

I'm still here too! I read from work nowadays, and I can't comment from work. So good to read how swimmingly everything is coming along. Bet those boys are have good fights in there! Take care and soak it up, it is the best feeling in the world!

PS. I was shockingly addicted to lathering my tum in lotions. My Ob said it was pointless, but I didn't get any, so I must have done something right.

Cherbear said...

I'm still here!!! I love seeing updates from you :) I may not be the best commenter in the world but I try.

I'm glad that everything is going well. You describing the babies making your belly jump gave me chills.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Still here and loving the updates!

Cori said...

Keeeeeep posting!!!!!! I think of you often!!!! I'm so glad things are uneventful in our pregnancies! It makes me so happy:) Do you have any names picked out for the boys yet?

Rosachka said...

Even though I am not commenting I am still reading and following your blog. I am in a similar boat as you are, as I decided to keep my blog and my post to document my pregnancy so that I can go back to it in the future. Keep posting.

Wishful In New Orleans said...

Still here!! Still Reading

Jen said...

I'm here my friend and still LOVING your updates! I couldn't be happier that things are going so well and your "papayas" are growing so fast:) You look adorable by the way!!

Baby Hopes said...

Still following, too! I agree with Josey. Weekly updates are my favorite to read on other women's blogs, but they're sometimes hard to comment on. Anyhow, I'm very excited that you've reached 24 weeks! Looking good!!!

Angie said...

I still read...but often have nothing to contribute since I don't know what you're feeling. I should do a better job of supporting, though. I'm sorry I've not been a very good bloggy-friend lately.

Miss Mac said...

I can really relate to the "what I miss" part of the update! Yay for 24 weeks and feeling those little ones kick and move around in there!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 24 WEEKS!!! What a huge milestone. And too funny about the chicken mcnuggets...i on and off this whole pregnancy have been craving them too...just had them once this week. Oh your belly is looking just adorable :)

Kristen said...

Congrats on 24 weeks! And I really like that you are still updating...

S said...

I've slacked off in my commenting, too. (Note that I'm commenting on this post nearly a week after you wrote it!)

I have also found feeling the babies' movement to be my favorite part of pregnancy.

So glad that things are uneventful. At this stage, that's a good thing! :-)

laurieb145 said...

I still read...I just don't comment as much as I should. I will work on that! I am so happy for you that things are going so well.