Well, it's been both an uneventful week and eventful week at the same time. It's been uneventful because there was no doctor appointments this week. Though, I did get my lab results back from last weeks appointment. The good news is that my RBCs look good....no anemia, so no iron supplements. The bad news is that my WBCs are still high. If you remember, they've been high since the very beginning of the pregnancy. It seems like they've continue to rise and fall through the pregnancy....they were at their highest this time, but the PA assured me that it is still within "normal" limits of pregnancy. So, I am trying not to worry too much. My week has been eventful because we started receiving items for the nursery! We received the bassinet, swings, nursing pillow, storage baskets, humidifier and a few other small things this week. It's really exciting and really helps to make things seem real.
How Far Along: 22 Weeks
Size of Baby: Two Spaghetti Squash
Picture of Baby: None this week :-(
Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothes except for some of my bigger t-shirts and stretchy pants. I'm now starting to bust out of even my stretchy pants so I'm going to have to get a few more pairs of lounge around pants since that's what I am in most of the time.
Weight Gain: 28 pounds
Belly:
Stretch Marks: Not yet but tummy is getting that tight/shiny look. My belly line is soooooo dark now...it kinda creeps me out sometimes!
Sleep: Still not that great, but I am sleeping a bit more than last week. I'm finding that I just can't get my mind and body to relax. I'm really tired but nothing seems to be slowing down like it should be. But, at least the past few nights I've managed to fall asleep a few times and sleep for a few hours. Too bad I wake up with my legs all cramped up!
Best Moment of the Week: Matt got to feel a few kicks!!
Movement: Yes! I still don't feel them all the time, but I'm definitely feeling more and more movement. Some days I feel them more than other days. I find that I feel them more in the evening or if I am sitting in certain positions where my uterus is pushed more forward.
Symptoms: Always hungry, tired because of lack of sleep, some heart burn, occasional nausea in the mornings, and of course the ever present sinus issues.
Food Cravings: I've been thinking more of more of the things I can't have. Funny that I was never a big soda drinker pre-pregnancy...now I just keep thinking "Mmmmmm....a coke sounds really good!" I've also been craving the citrus soda, squirt which was never on my radar pre-pregnancy. Oh....I was craving a bean burrito a few days ago and made Matt stop at taco bell to get me one!
Gender: Two gorgeous boys!
What I Miss: Sleeping through the night! Eating whatever sounds good at the moment (like candy...I did not eat once piece of Halloween candy...woot!) Being able to pick things up that I drop, being able to carry heavy things and just do things we usually take for granted like being able to clip our own toenails and shave our "lady parts."
What I'm Looking Forward to: Seeing the perinatologist on Wednesday...I get so excited to see my boys in there! Getting the rest of the nursery things I've ordered, continued growing belly, feeling more movement, baby shower! Hearing about what Matt learns at "New Daddy Boot-Camp" this weekend!
Nursery: We are really starting to make progress here. The bedding, lamp, both cribs, dresser, changing table and pad and crib mattresses have all been ordered and should be delivered soon! Matt is going to be busy putting all of this together! We plan to paint the nursery this weekend...we're making progress!
Weekly Wisdom: Nothing stands out this week.
Milestones: Each day is a milestone with pregnancy after infertility.
Emotions: Mostly excited about starting on the nursery, but also a bit overwhelmed too. Been a bit cranky this past week for some reason. Matt and I got in a little fight the other night. Not sure why...I think I am getting more and more uncomfortable and needing more and more help (which is hard for me.) Also, the dog has been getting on my nerves for some reason.....we paid $1000 for training for him over the summer and it irritates me that he still doesn't listen! Matt doesn't always "stick to the rules" with him and make him follow through with our commands....which irritates me to no end! I guess this is all pregnancy hormones. My nesting and maternal instincts are really kicking in and I just want everything to be perfect for their arrival....the dog doesn't exactly always fit into my plans....especially since he is SO needy and dependent!


11 comments:
Good idea to get the nursery started early. I had mine pretty much done by about 30 weeks or so (besides a few things like washing & putting away clothes and random small things) and I was very glad! The last couple weeks of pregnancy I didn't want to do anything at all!
What a fun filled post! Glad things are progressing so nicely! I need to go back & read about your skin issues, I swear I have thee most sensitive skin! I am impressed by your non Halloween eating self, I can not say the same for me!
I never cared for soda orsushi before pregnancy but once I as pregnant, all I wanted were diet coke and crunch munch roll!!!
Sounds like your dog is training you in what it's like to have children!
I have been getting the leg cramps when I wake up as well - they can be pretty awful. I'm still trying to find a way to make them stop! So far they have been tolerable, until yesterday!
Glad all seems to be going well for you!
I can't wait to see your nursery...I'm sure it's going to be amazing...
I love your quote: "Each day is a milestone with pregnancy after infertility." So very true. Wishing you the best! You look amazing!!!
An uneventful week is a great thing in pregnancy :))... wonderful that you're getting nursery things... happy shopping :)) xoxo
Be glad you didn't get the iron supplements... they cause more issues! Can't wait to see how the nursery comes together and to hear about the baby shower!
ohhh lucky! I was anemic by his point and the fatigue was horrible! Love your lil bump... you look fab! Im so excited your having two boys... they are precious :)
Haven't checked on you in a while. . . glad to hear you're doing well! Your baby bump is very cute. :-)
Post a Comment