Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

20 Weeks

I don't know why I feel like 20 weeks is such a milestone....I guess probably because we are out of the "teens" and into the "twenties." Oh, and probably because this is halfway there! Not for a twin pregnancy (I hit that a week ago,) but for a singleton pregnancy. So hard to believe we are actually here....but here I am!

The last week has been pretty uneventful. Though I am finding it somewhat easier to get through to each OB appointment to make sure everything is going well "in there," I still wish I could have a weekly appointment! But, I am trying to be strong and just have faith in this amazing process.

How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Size of Baby: Ummm....two cantaloupes? These must be small cantaloupes because I don't feel big enough to be packing two cantaloupes. I did see on another website that they are more like grapefruits...which makes more sense. Sometimes these fruit comparisons don't make too much sense to me.

Picture of Baby: None this week......

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes! I've gotten some great stuff....two pairs of jeans, a cute pair of black pants, 2 pairs of leggings, some long sleeve tops, some sweaters, some tanks and cute tops, etc. I think I'll be set for a few months until I bust out of these! I also got a cute pair of clogs since it takes me about 20 minutes to get shoes on...I needed something I could easily slip on!

Weight Gain: 22 pounds

Belly:



Stretch Marks: Not yet!

Sleep:  Horrible! I am sleeping with my snoogle every night which is the only way I feel comfortable sleeping, but I feel much more comfortable on my left side, the problem with that? You can't stay in one position all night, so I end up turning to my right, but am uncomfortable, so I move back to my left....this pretty much goes on all night! The sinus issues continue to be a huge problem...especially at night when I lay down. I'd love to just have one night of sleeping on my stomach with no stuffy nose!

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling the boys move!

Movement: Yes...it is still early to feel them consistently with a lot of force, but I definitely feel small kicks,  movements and rolls. I'm pretty sure one kicked me twice in the bladder a few nights ago...ouch!

Symptoms: My symptoms have definitely continued to decrease over the past few weeks. I'd say my biggest one is just being constantly hungry. I feel like I eat something and then a half hour later my stomach is growling again. I'm also getting tired in the afternoons and sometimes lay down and sleep for an hour or just rest which definitely seems to help. My sinuses are still really bothering me....mostly through the night, my nose gets SO stuffed up! I have a super sprayer of saline that I have to use a few times a night. I am also peeing a lot which is annoying....sometimes I'll pee and then 15 minutes later I'll have to go again!

Food Cravings: Anything that's "bad for you!" HA! Macaroni and cheese, cheeseburgers, taco bell, chocolate pudding, chicken mcnuggets, etc. I promise these boys are getting "good" stuff too and I'm not always giving into the cravings!

Gender: Two gorgeous boys! They are going to be sooo cute...have you seen my husband?! Hehehehe!

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night!!!! Keeping up with my house...it's not that I don't have the time I just can't do stuff like I used to. Like right now I'd love to go sweep out and organize my garage, but I'm not comfortable doing those kinds of things during pregnancy. Matt has been VERY good about picking up the slack between the weeks the housekeeper doesn't come.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Next OB appointment in a week! Ordering bedding and some other things that I've decided to order first for the nursery, continued growing belly, feeling more movement, baby shower!

Nursery (I'm adding this one in:) Well, I think I've decided on the bedding for the boys.


I actually always saw myself doing something a bit more "modern" and less "baby-ish" with the bedding. But, I really fell in love with this bedding when I saw it. I like that it is organic and also that it is simple yet elegant. I love the lambs too and chose some really cute lamb decorations to go with it....it also has a matching adorable lamp. I sold my unused IVF meds this week and we found out we are getting about $1000 Amazon gift cards from one of our credit cards, so I don't feel nearly as bad buying two sets of pottery barn bedding!

Matt was down in Phoenix earlier this week for work and stayed with his best friend and his wife. She asked me if I wanted any clothes that her son has outgrown, I was like "yes!" So, Matt brought home TONS of adorable things that have not been worn or barely worn! So much fun! These boys are going to be so well dressed! We have so many clothes already...I swear I think we have 75 onesies already!

Weekly Wisdom: Have faith in the process....women have been having babies for centuries!

Milestones: Making it into the twenties! Finishing my registry (yep, I'm on top of it!)

Emotions: Still changes frequently. I'm mostly excited and happy, but that fear seeps in every once in awhile...there was something that happened to one of my fellow bloggers last week (as you all know,) and it was so hard for me to read....I feel horrible for her, but at the same time....it brings up a lot of fear in me. I want these boys SO bad!

16 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad everything is going well overall. Your bedding is sooooo cute!

Sarah said...

The bedding is so cute! And yes having faith in the process is a huge thing! Im workin on it :)

Lori B. said...

Congrats girl on being over halfway there for twins! It seemed like the twenties weeks flew by for me. Your bedding is adorable and way to be on top of the registry. I'm impressed!!

Cherbear said...

I love reading your posts!!!! (I must admit, as I grow closer to my transfer, I imagine myself in your position soon, with twin babies in my belly! But I'd certainly be happy with just 1. At least one happy healthy baby)

I love the bedding! And you go girl, finishing your registry so quick!!

E and R said...

Glad all is going well - congrats on 20 weeks!

Jos said...

20w definitely feels like a milestone for some reason - congrats!!

Sorry we didn't get to meet up on Sunday - I'll definitely get more organized next time I'm up there!

Jessica Anne said...

You are over halfway there!!

I don't know if you have checked it out at all, but our area has a MOMs (Mothers of Multiples) group that I have found very helpful. They have forums that you can ask other MOMs questions (specific to multiples) and they also have great sales twice per year that you can find some great buys! Here is there website:

http://www.mothersofmultiples.com/

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Yay for 20 weeks! Every day is a milesone.

Enjoy it! (and I know you are.)

Bird said...

Happy 20 weeks gestation!! lol. Things sound great over there. so happy for you and that bedding is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that everything is going SO well for you!!! And thanks for the tidbit about the BP meds...thinking I'll be starting one next week. Oh and I love your weekly wisdom :)

laurieb145 said...

YAY! for 20 weeks! So happy for you guys!

DandelionBreeze said...

Great that everything is going well and that you've crossed the 1/2 way mark :)) Love the linen that you've chosen :) Hope your sleep improves... I found that the hardest part of my first pregnancy :( Love always xoxo

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations on reaching such an important milestone!!! I *love* your bedding!!! :) Very sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, 20wks is a milestone when we know too much about what can go wrong. Just remember that we are not the norm of the world, and if you read about the majority of women preg with twins, then that would put your mind at risk.

Thanks for the email..xx

clewis said...

5 months is a milestone! I think every month is a milestone, im just a week away from 6 months! Sounds like everything is well on track for you. And isnt all the movement cool!

Annie said...

I just spent the weekend with my twin nephews. Whew! You have some wild and crazy times ahead of you. It's going to be great!