Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

19 Weeks

Well, here we are! So amazing that I am nearly 20 weeks pregnant....I just can't believe it!! As you all know....we had our anatomy scan on Monday. I was soooooooooooo nervous going into the appointment.....I told Matt that morning that I was pretty sure that I was feeling about 20 emotions all at one time....it was so crazy! I laid down on the table and my perinatologist instantly told me that we had two strong heartbeats! That immediately put me at ease so that I could enjoy the scan. She told us she'd tell us the genders first and then start the measuring. Within 30 seconds she told us she had the first gender....a boy! I think Matt was really surprised because he was honestly leaning towards two girls! He goes..."well I bet the other one is a girl," and the doctor goes "Uh oh!" And I was like "oh it's a boy!," and she goes "yep!" We were both kinda shocked because we did think we had one or two girls or there...but we were both soooooo happy! I've always wanted to give my husband a son, and I've never been one that insisted I have a girl. I'm so excited to raise two beautiful sons....it is going to be so much fun! The rest of the scan went well....both babies were measuring perfectly in all areas...absolutely no issues at all. I did get a bit faint/dizzy towards the end and had to roll over on my side which made getting measurements a bit tough...but she was able to get all measurements on baby A and almost all measurements on baby B....we didn't get every single heart measurement on B or a lip measurement. But, there is no reason to think there is a problem, and she'll check it all again next time.

Right after appointment, I sent out a text to a few family members and my BFF about the sexes, then we decided it was time to "come out of the closet" on facebook...something we hadn't decided if we were going to do or not. But, we were just so excited and knew it was time to let the world in on our awesome news. It was really really fun to finally let everyone in on our little secret and get everyone's reactions. Everyone seems to be so happy for us and that makes me feel so good! After our appointment, I placed a few more orders for maternity clothes, finished my registry (yes, I've been working on this for awhile but didn't have gender specific clothes on it.) Then, on Tuesday I went and got my flu shot then went shopping for baby clothes...I had so much fun and loved showing Matt everything I bought when he got home! My friend/hair dresser, Brynn offered to do my shower...something that shocked me but she was soooooo excited to do it that I couldn't say no. She's been one of my biggest supporters this entire time and I'm so happy to have her be a part of this part of the journey with me.

How Far Along: 19 Weeks

Size of Baby: Two Papayas! I think the doc said they were both 9 ounces!

Pictures of Babies:




Maternity Clothes: Mostly all maternity clothes now...except I have a few pairs of stretchy pants that I can still squeeze into, and some of my longer/stretchier tops. I put in another order at Old Navy as well as a few things at Motherhood Maternity. I think I should be set for awhile now.

Weight Gain: 20 pounds

Belly:




Stretch Marks: Not yet!

Sleep:  I am using my snoogle pillow every night now and found a great position that makes me comfortable and doesn't make me feel like I am squishing babies. I am thankful for this, however my sinus problems seem to be worsening so that is my big sleep issue now. I feel like I have to get up at least every 2 hours just to blow my nose....it is so stuffed up! If my sinus problems weren't so bad I think I'd be getting some really good sleep!

Best Moment of the Week: No question....seeing the babies at their anatomy scan!!!!

Movement: I am definitely starting to feel more and more movement now. The movements are still pretty faint and still few and far between but I am definitely feeling them and loving it!!

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good! Still somewhat fatigued by the afternoon especially if I've gone somewhere that day. Small headaches but not every day. Then, of course the awful sinus issues!! Round ligament pain...my belly growth has really picked up and my ligaments and muscles sure are feeling it! Yowey!

Food Cravings: Still the BBQ chips! And, we've added ice cream into the mix!

Gender: Two BOYS!!!

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night mostly and being able to move and bend easily.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Everything!!! Deciding on names for the boys, shopping for them, feeling more and more movements, seeing the ever-growing belly....what am I NOT looking forward to?! Nothing!

Weekly Wisdom: Go with the flow...nothing in pregnancy is what you think it will be!

Milestones: Finding out genders!

Emotions: Grateful and excited!!

18 comments:

K. said...

So happy for you!! Keep the good news coming, you deserve it!

laurieb145 said...

You look adorable! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

love love LOVE that belly!!! So stinking cute :) So glad that you got a wonderful report.

Jessica Anne said...

Its always so exciting to "come out" on Facebook! Brian and I went back and forth for a long time about it and when we should do it! Oh, and you look so adorable!!! =)

kkasun said...

This is so exciting you look awesome!!!

One Day said...

Oh I've loved catching up on your blog! So so sooo happy that the nausea has taken a back seat. Mostly SO excited that you're having two little boys- your sons! How utterly amazing. I couldn't be happier for you, Krista!

clewis said...

Cool!!! two boys. our boys are going to only be a few weeks apart! woo hoo

Chon said...

congrats sweetie!!

Jos said...

That snoogle is such a lifesaver, isn't it?!

Congrats again on your little boys. :) So exciting.

Marianne said...

How awesome girl! 2 boys will be a blast!!!

DandelionBreeze said...

Wonderful news :)) Great that your scan went so well and that they're growing beautifully :) Love the photos... happy shopping and baby shower planning - soooo much fun xoxo

Kelli said...

Wahooo! Congrats Krista....so happy for you!

Kristen said...

So glad everything is going so well for you...makes me so happy! :)
XO

Mrs. Lemon said...

Yay! Thank heaven for little boys:). We are still in the hospital so I am slow to comment. Will be back soon. So happy for you and your bump is adorable!

Miss Mac said...

Where is the 20 lbs, lol?! You look great! I tried one of PC's breathe right strips a couple of weeks ago before bed... highly recommend, I've had the stuffy/bloody nose the whole time too and it helped! So glad things are going well, exciting!

Cin said...

Congrats Krista! Boys are so much fun! Your babies look great in there!

Cindi

Baby Hopes said...

TWO BOYS!!! So much fun!!! Congratulations!!!

Carlia said...

congrats!!! that is so exciting! it must be the year of the boy. almost everyone i know that's having a baby is having a boy. i'm so happy for you! and, by the way, you look fabulous! that 20lbs is ALL babies. ;)