I guess this means we've officially made it into the second trimester...so crazy! I feel like a lot has happened (both good and bad) over the last week, so I'll catch you all up on what's been going on!
I had a bunch of blood work and urine tests done early last week after my first OB appointment. The tests came back on Friday and so I got a call from the nurse....my white blood cells are still elevated and I tested positive for group B strep. The white blood cell didn't seem to be too big of an issue...they said it does tend to be higher in pregnancy, but I'll need to get it checked again next week to make sure it isn't rising any higher. As far as the group B strep...well I guess up to 45% of women carry this and have absolutely no idea because there really aren't any symptoms. Most will not discover they carry it until they are tested in pregnancy. So, they told me I'd have to go on a round of antibiotics and then when I deliver the babies I will have to have an IV of antibiotics (just in case it comes back, I am told it can be detrimental to a newborn if they catch it during delivery.) So, Friday afternoon I went and picked up the antibiotics. On Saturday morning after I had my breakfast I decided it was probably okay to take my first antibiotic of the day. Immediately after I swallowed it.....without any warning....projectile vomit all over my kitchen!!! Good times my friends, good times. Not! Then, on Monday morning I had a bad bout of diarrhea caused by the antibiotics. I've had this problem before with antibiotics so I knew it was coming. I've since doubled my dose of probiotics and am making sure to eat yogurt everyday. This has helped some, but not completely eliminated the Big D. I can't wait to go off of the antibiotics!!
The nausea and vomiting is continuing to lighten up some. I had bad nausea all day yesterday with it....woke up with it and couldn't shake it. I ended up going back to bed for a few hours which did seem to help, but I can only sleep for about an hour at a time before I have to get up and eat, so sleeping during the day isn't very restful! Let's hope the nausea is completely gone soon, because I am really ready to feel good again and be able to eat some real food!
Today ended up being an interesting day. I went for my last blood draw at the fertility clinic early this morning. Matt dropped our doggie, Cooper off for his knee surgery. The surgery went well....Cooper is staying in the hospital overnight so that he can have constant pain meds in an IV, so we'll go pick him up tomorrow. He has staples in his knee so he'll have to wear a cone on his head for 2 weeks! Oy Vey! For 6 weeks he can only go outside to potty on a leash! He can't use the stairs, so basically this poor dog is going to be stuck on one floor of our house and barely go outside for 6 weeks, after that he can start doing some short daily walks and go outside a bit more, but will still be limited for another 6 weeks. This should be a very very interesting next 12 weeks! Cooper is going to be hating life!
After Matt dropped Cooper off and I got home from getting my blood drawn, we ended up driving up to Silverthorne (up in the mountains, about 1.5 hours from Denver,) and buying me a Momma car! Matt found a car online last weekend that he researched all week and decided we had to go look at it! It is a Mercedes E-350....a wagon! We decided to go ahead and get it because they gave us a great price and I really loved it! It is plenty big enough for 2 car seats and a double stroller. We traded in my old car so we don't have to worry about selling it ourselves. We are very happy with our purchase and can't wait to put our family in it!
Once we got home from Silverthorne, I got a call from my nurse at the clinic. Claudia had great news for me....my estrogen and progesterone continues to climb and I can go off all meds! Woo Hoo! I can't believe I am going off of all hormone support, but I'm happy because it's a big deal to a fertility patient! It was sad to say my final good byes, but all the nurses and lab techs gave me their email addresses so that I can keep in touch. I'm sure going to miss all those girls. I felt like crying when I hung up partly because it really hit me that we had made it this far, partly because I'm closing such a huge chapter in my life, and partly because I'm really going to miss these girls. :-(
We have our big NT scan on Monday morning. I am not so much worried about the outcome, but anxious to see the babies and see that things are still looking good with them. I think once I know both babies made it into the second trimester I will feel a lot better and can finally relax into this pregnancy a little and not be so worried all the time.
Well, that's my weekly update! Hopefully with the next update I'll have some new pictures of our beauties!

16 comments:
Yay for all the good news! Glad Cooper's surgery went well and hope he heals quickly...poor guy! So exciting about your Mommy mobile too! My sis had that strep b thing also. Hope everything goes well next week and your antibiotics end quickly! Hugs!
Krista- so glad to hear that all is going well!! I hope Cooper heals up quickly and that you feel better soon!!
Such good things going on! Except for the vomiting of course!!!
Can't wait to hear how it goes and see the pics. It is amamzing how baby like they all ready look at 12 weeks!!!!!
Wow..sounds like you have a ton going on..Bummer about the antibiotics and how they are screwing with you...as if you weren't nauseous already! I hope the NT goes great on Monday!
Your poor puppy. :(
And that really can't be fun--projectile means "needs clean-up", which...ugh. Hoping it's a short course and you get better soon!
Good luck on your NT and CONGRATS on no more hormones!!!!!
It's hard to believe you are already 12 weeks! I feel like it was yesterday you were announcing your BFP! Sorry for all the sickness and your poor puppy. I hope you all feel better soon!
Cant wait to see pics!!! Always something going on in your corner. You have done so well and Im so proud of you to make it this far. You know Im a long time viewer of the Krista show. Been off line a bit coping with not ttc. Im doing really well!!
Will email you soon.
Lots of love from down under...xx
Congrats on getting off all meds - what a huge step!!
Yea for so many thing!!! Especially the big D ;) Def kidding. But I am RIGHT there with ya since I have to take abx on/off until 32 weeks bc of the infection I had with the girls. Your body is not your own!!!
So happy for you and your hubby and awesome news on being off meds and getting a mommy car!!! Take care!
Happy 2nd Trimester! Isn't that the greatest feeling in the world! Now hopefully you should start feeling better. I know that I did at about 13 weeks. I still have a day every once in a while, but nothing like I was feeling. Hang in there as it sounds like things are turning around for you!
Glad everything is going well. Congrats on making it out of the first trimester!!!
Glad everything is going well. Congrats on making it out of the first trimester!!!
Hooray for 12 weeks! :-)
We had our NT scan on Monday, and it was great getting to see so much of our babies. (And best of all, both came back very low risk.) Hope yours goes well, too.
That's great news Krista. Hope the antibiotics start to ease up. Looking forward to the pics of the NT scan!
This post is chock full of news!
Good luck on Monday. And a big hooray for being done with the hormone support.
Hope your pup is okay too!
It worked :) Congrats on entering the second trimester!! That is so unbelievably exciting! Can't wait to follow along :)
Post a Comment