I can't believe I actually have a blog post that says I am 10 weeks pregnant....I think I am definitely still in denial about this whole thing. But, I promised to be more consistent with my posting, so I am going to try and put up a post at least once a week....maybe as we go along I will stop being in such denial about this whole thing. I keep telling Matt "one more ultrasound and I'll believe it." He thinks I am crazy....I think I am too!
I still have pretty bad "morning sickness" most of the day. I like how a few posts ago I said that I was nauseous but not throwing up, then my last post said I was only throwing up in the evenings. Well, each week that seems to change and the previous post no longer applies. I have started throwing up now at the typical time...in the mornings along with the evening throwing up. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason for this. But, I think in the morning it is because I wake up sick, while eating something while helps...it also just gives my body something to heave back up. So, after throwing up I work all day on getting my calorie intake back and keeping the vomiting away. As soon as I feel like I am going to throw up...I eat something! I am SO ready for the 2nd trimester! I am hungry ALL THE TIME....and even have lots of cravings but I can only eat a few bites at a time...then I am hungry again in a hour! WTH?! I was craving beef over the weekend....a burger in particular, so Matt made me a delicious cheeseburger which I inhaled and was shocked that I actually kept down! It was progress!
I settled on an OB. I called to make my first appointment and was told that they usually like to see you for the first time between 8 and 10 weeks. Unfortunately, since I waited so long to call (I was over 9 weeks,) the earliest they had was Tuesday....which makes me almost 11 weeks...oops...guess I waited to long. But, it sounds like I will only be seeing the nurse on that day which I think will probably be pretty uneventful....paperwork, blood pressure, weight, etc. I am anxious for another ultrasound to see if both babes are still growing on time, so hopefully they'll schedule my next appointment for an ultrasound soon after that. I am finding that it is really difficult to just have faith in the process and believe that everything is okay in there...I seem to wake up every day convinced that they are gone. When did I become this ugly pessimistic person....ick!!!
I bought the snoogle (maternity pillow!) I know it is still early in the pregnancy, but I have been trying to train myself to sleep on my sides since that is very un-natural for me. I hate sleeping on my side....I toss and turn from side to side all night trying to get comfortable. What are you supposed to do with the arm that you are sleeping on?! I've tried hugging pillows and putting one between my legs but that isn't cutting it....so I decided to bring out the big guns and just buy the special pillow. I'm still trying to decide if it is too early to sleep with it or not. I think I'll definitely need it in a month or so.
I had my last blood draw at the fertility clinic this morning. They don't see patients past 10 weeks. That was weird. Me and the phelbotomist that I've bonded with over the months had to say our goodbyes...we hugged and she told me that I was her favorite...ahhhhhh..... I feel so special. I've bonded with a lot of women at the clinic and it is going to be weird not to see them anymore. But, I've promised to keep in touch. My nurse called me this afternoon and said that my progesterone and estrogen levels doubled from last week! My estrogen is well over 3000 now. I asked why both levels were pretty steady over the past few weeks then all of the sudden doubled and the nurse told me that it is because the placentas are taking over. That is just so crazy! But cool at the same time!
I have only been getting on the computer once or twice a week.....which is very weird for me because usually I am on it for 9 hours a day! I've just been too sick and really haven't had much desire to drag the laptop out. Luckily, I have my handy phone, so I have been keeping up with reading emails, reading your blogs and keeping up with facebook happenings. But, typing emails on my phone doesn't really work too well, and commenting on blogger really doesn't work. So, please know that I am reading your emails and blogs, but haven't commented much and there aren't many emails going out. I'm sure once I go back to work I'll be back into my emailing/commenting self!
For now, just trying to have faith in the process and get through the last few weeks of the first trimester!
Always thinking of you all.....

8 comments:
I am so glad that you are doing well. Everyone at the Resolve meeting asked about you! :)
How amazing to be a quarter of the way done already! Probably more than that since you'll probably be early with twins.
I have a pillow like yours and it helps so much! In fact my husband tries to steal it if I don't hang onto it. Hope you find yours comfy.
Hahaha - well, the doc told me that m/s was a good sign, but it doesn't help you feel better when you're holding onto a toilet rim. Glad you and the babes are all doing well!
I hope the pillow helps you - I'm loving mine at this point!
Hello preggers! Sounds like everything is on target and looking forward to your 12 week scan :) The m/s blows! You poor thing. So happy for you lovely - oh BTW keep your eye out for two werido Australian's coming to Colorado in about a week - if you hear one complaining that he wants to watch the footy it could be my dad so say hi!! ha ha
I miss you~I've been watching for your posts. I am so glad to hear everything is going so well & I look forward to reading your updates. Your story continues to bring me hope, so thank you very much.
Glad to hear you are doing well my friend. Your ALMOST to the second trimester, I am so happy for you!
I totally get not thinking this is really happening, and it really is, even after seeing ultrasounds. For me I didn't really believe it was really happening until I felt kicks, then its like WOW there REALLY is life in there! It's moving!
Keep positive your doing great, babies are doing great, your gonna be a mommy early next year!!
HI again!
I hope you got your package by now! I found the wedge pillow more helpful in the first part and didn't care for the snoogle until closer to 20 weeks. I invested in 4 different pillows and because sleep is so difficult in pregnancy and especially with multiples, you may need more than one to help out. Allow yourself that luxury-you deserve it!!! Hopefully in another few weeks the m/s will ease and you'll really start to enjoy this pregnancy! *hugs*
Hi Krista! Hope you are doing well. I have been thinking of you!! Wow..only a little longer til the second trimester...crazy!! =0)
Post a Comment